Chapter 23

To be honest, I don't like hospitals

To be honest, I don't like hospitals. It scares me.

Nanatili ako sa labas ng hospital. There were only a few people around and coming in and out of the hospital. I was taking a break and I don't know why being there triggered my emotion. This never happen to me before, but I guess seeing Cholo and Limer come together and show how much they care for each other, I was longing for that kind of affection with my family a long way before—the things before I met Cholo.

Saglit lang ay may isang sasakyan ang huminto ilang metro mula sa entrance. Hinintay kong may lumabas sa sasakyan ay isusugod kung sino man ang lulan ng sasakyan. I was watching closely then suddenly Mrs. Monet came out of the exit and went straight to the car. Lumabas ang isang lalaki ro'n na may mga dalang mga bag and I think that must be for their son.

She was talking to him and then she glances in my direction. She looked back at him and maybe instructed him to do whatever he needs to do saka tuluyang pumasok sa loob ng building ang lalaki. The car went to the parking space while Mrs. Monet walked towards me.

"Why are you here alone?" she asked. "Don't Limer had his own room now?"

I nodded. She sits next to where I was sitting—on the stairs step. "He did. I just gave them a space for now."

"I see... why are you feeling right now? You won't be alone if there's nothing, am I right?"

I took a deep breath.

"See? Tell me what was it. I'll listen. I'm a very good listener, Zoey."

I smiled. "I bet you are... but I don't think this is a big deal. I just needed some air and I guess being alone can help."

"Well, you're not alone now and I might be suffocating you."

I chuckled shaking my head. "No, you're not... and it's fine. And I think I'm good with companions. I really don't like to be alone... it feels like I'm nobody and nobody even wants me."

"I understand you," she said. "I've been there before... but you know, I feel like people would be friends with me because of our money. Let's be honest there. I don't mean this to you because you're not, I mean this to those people who have avoided me when I needed them the most, and when they needed something from me, I was there... I'm such a stupid person." She laughed it off but I could sense the pain in her voice.

"You're kind, I guess that's why... and you didn't know us and then you're doing something for us we didn't even ask. I think you're a special woman, Mrs. Monet."

She smiled seemingly that completes her day.

"So you are, Zoey," she said. "Tell me honestly, do you like that man with you?"

"Who?"

She raised her brow even further as if she knows that I already know who she was talking about.