Chapter 27

"Hey, guys, everything is settled," Mrs

"Hey, guys, everything is settled," Mrs. Monet announced as she stepped back inside the room. "You don't have to worry about anything."

"Thank you so much," Cholo said. "Can I at least give you a hug?"

Mrs. Monet giggled. "Of course, bring them here."

They both hugged and talked to each other. Hindi ko na narinig kung anong pinag-usapan nila dahil abala rin ako sap ag-aayos ng gamit naming dahil discharge na rin today si Limer. Wala naman kami masyadong ginawa kahapon dahil maghapon lang kaming nagbabantay kay Limer. They also did run some tests on him at maayos naman ang resulta ng mga iyon.

Hindi rin naman gano'n kadami ang gamit na inayos namin. We just had to take a quick shower before we left dahil mahaba-habang biyahe ang gagawin namin. Once we land bank in Paris ay diretsyo airport na kaagad kami at maghihintay ng flight pabalik ng Manila.

Nagtawanan naman ang dalawa kaya naman naisipan kong pumunta at sumingit sa usapan nilang dalawa.

"Oh, honey, I'll miss you..." Mrs. Monet quickly gave me a hug.

"Yeah, same," I said. "I thought I wouldn't see you before we left. Glad you came back."

"Sure, I wouldn't want to miss the chance to talk with you once again."

"How's your son?"

"He's feeling better," she said. "And I hope he learned a lot from what happened to him and that might put him a lesson not to take the jetski off of anywhere without our knowledge."

"He's with you, right?"

She nodded. "He asks to come. He wanted to talk to Limer before we go."

"And with that, I think I should check on them," Cholo said and excused himself.

"So, what's going to happen with you and Cholo now?" she asked.

I creased my forehead as I got confused by her question. "What do you mean?"

She lifts her shoulder. "E, you know what I mean?" Then laughed it off.

I shook my head with a smile on my face. "Oh, no..."

"Just kidding, darling," he said chuckling. Napangiwi na lang din ako sa kanya dahil ngayon na hindi ko pa rin makalimutan iyong sinab ni Limer sa akin, that didn't help. "Remember what I told you right?"

I nodded at her.

"Just do what's best for you and your heart. I just believe that this man is amazing and you're just denying them in front of his face. Both of you have done great things together. Make the most of it."

I inhaled. "Yeah... but I don't know... not at this time."

"So, when?" Hindi ko siya nasagot sa tanong niya sa akin. "Don't lose him when you've still got the chance. You'll regret it. That's why I'm rich now, take it from me, I've taken risks and those risks I've taken put me in this position. You could be where you want to be as well if you made that move."

"Well, let's see what's going to happen because..."

"You're just confused right now but once you get enlightened... you've been together traveling with him for the past years, you should've known by now..."

I winced at her as I don't know what to say next. I was left with a lot of thoughts in my head and there are just a lot of things that are making it hard for me.

"Anyway, it was really nice to meet you and somehow know you, shall I see you again?"

"When you go to the Philippines?" I teased.

She chuckled. "We'll make that happen. Merci, Zoey."

"Merci, Mrs. Monet."

She wouldn't stay for so long kaya naman sinabayan ko na ito palabas ng pinto then we happened to meet Cholo just a few steps away from the doorsteps looking down on the floor while pinching his lower lip like he was in a trance.

"Cholo!" pagtawag ko sa kanya kaya nakuha namin ang atensyon niya.

"Ay!" Natawa na lamang ito nang iangat ang tingin.

"Oh, nahanap mo ba 'yong mga bata?" tanong ko.

"Nasa vending machine, tinawag ko na 'yong mga 'yon," aniya.

Saglit lang din naman ay bumalik ang mga bata. When it's time for them to leave the hospital, muli kaming niyakap ni Mrs. Monet maging ang anak niya bago sila tuluyang magpaalam. They even told us that a car will fetch us up later para dahil kami sa airport pabalik ng Paris.

We went back inside the room and check everything before we left. Habang inaayos ko ang ilang kagamitan, napansin ko naman si Cholo na natutulala. I know he's still taking it all in pa pero bakit bigla-bigla na lang 'to natutulala?

I went close to him and nudged him off.

"Anong meron? Bakit ka tulala?" tanong ko pa.

Agad naman niya akong inilingan. "Wala, a? Ikaw, Zo, ha? Binabantayan mo 'ko, ha?"

"Hitsura."

"Gwapo, as usual."

Inirapan ko siya. "If there's something you want to tell me, I'm here to listen."

"I know, I know... wala naman akong sasabihin."

"Sure?"

Tumango siya. "Yes. Baka ikaw meron kang gusting sabihin sa akin? Maybe it's time for you na umamin ka na."

My face turned annoyingly at his remark. Tinalikuran ko na lang siya at narinig ko ang tawa niya. But it's always good to get annoyed by him. That's when I knew him and slowly get comfortable around him. Hindi ko iyon pinapansin for the past few years because I know it was just a joke and maybe there's a chance that there's no chance for me and Cholo at all.

There's no destination for that story.

Just a moment later, someone called Cholo's number and said that the driver who will take us to the airport was already outside. When everything was good for us, we all left the room and find our way to the exit.

Pagkalabas naming ay naghihintay na nga sa amin ang sasakyan. The driver helps us put our baggage inside the car trunk and once all goof there, he drove us all the way to the Nice Côte d'Azur Airport.

I looked at the places we passed by and just like that, our sailing trip has come to an end.