Chapter 26

Jaino came back to the hospital an hour after we had our dinner

Jaino came back to the hospital an hour after we had our dinner. Dala-dala na niya iyong mga gamit namin kaya nahihiya kami sa kanya dahil ang bibigat no'n. He didn't mind though, and we were so thankful for him and all the things he does for us. Tonight, he'll back to the port and to the yacht and work back there as he said he'll be preparing for other travelers coming soon to the coast.

Mrs. Monet check in on us and see how everything was going and then we've come to tell her about Limer's newfound condition. She was shocked and saddened by the news as she didn't expect that it would come out like this. Limer has only one request for Mrs. Monet and that don't their son about his condition.

We asked him why, but he just didn't state the reason why. And that's okay as it was his choice.

As promised by Mrs. Monet, they'll be paying the bills for us and other expenses incurred to our bill. Cholo even suggested he could share the payment for it, but Mrs. Monet insisted to do so as she knows that the hospital bills are quite expensive here and the reason why Limer was here was because of her son's partial fault.

She was sad that we got this news after that accident, but she didn't make us feel bad instead she even said if we needed help, she was there for us anytime we needed it. Just asked and she'll do it.

Tomorrow morning, they'll be discharging their son out dahil hindi naman daw need mag-stay pa nang matagal kaya pwede na sila umalis din bukas. Though for us, we're advised to stay one more day until our departure and back to Paris and back to Manila.

Just after that, umalis na rin si Mrs. Monet saka bumalik sa kanilang kwarto while Jaino said his to be leaving and this would be our last moment to see each other. We might not be able to finish what we started sailing in the Mediterranean Sea, sure it is still an amazing experience we never thought it would be.

Cholo and I have been spontaneous about what we're gonna do. From the road trip, to Fiji, Tuvalu, and all up north to Norway, and now we partially ended that in place. The destination will always be far from what we've been imagining. It's always an endless journey and so we sought what we can and that's the fun part to it—and whatever happens along the way.

This might not be the best and ended the trip short, but it was worthwhile. I wouldn't change it for anything.

For the past few hours, nasa loob lang kami ng kwarto at hinihintay kong datnan ako ng antok. Cholo ended up sleeping in the couch thirty minutes ago. He was the one who decided to sleep there even though he could share the space with his son sa kama.

May isa pa namang couch and that's comfier from where Cholo is. Tulog na rin naman si Limer dahil kahit buong araw na nasa kwarto ay buong araw din siyang gising kaya ngayon ay bagsak na bagsak.

Hindi rin nawala sa isip ko iyong sinabi ni Limer kanina patungkol kay Cholo. I would deny it again if ever someone would ask me to do that—ang tanging rason ko lamang ay hindi ko alam kung tama bang gawin 'yon.

I feel like Cholo and I have been together for so long hanging out, but we've never come to the point we had to talk about it. Minsan, may mga biro siya pero hanggang biro lang din naman iyon dahil for all I know, he still has Synestine engraved in his heart and I don't want to erase that from him just because I feel like to.

Sometimes I wonder if the first time we met changed our lives in such a way we both ended up together. Things could've gone differently.

Dahil hindi ako makatulog ay pinili kong magpa-antok sa panonod ng videos sa phone ko. Nakausap ko rin ang mga kapatid ko kanina na nagtatanong kung may pasalubong daw ba ako sa kanila. Hindi naman ako makahindi dahil iyon lang naman ang maibibigay ko rin sa kanila kapag dumadalaw ako sa bahay.

Papa met Cholo a few times kapag napapadalaw sa Chester Town. When papa talked to me if we were dating, agad kong dinepensahan ang sarili ko dahil walang nangyayaring gano'n. Mabuti na lang ay hindi niya iyon tinanong sa harap ni Cholo and he would rub it on my face every time he would like to bring that up to any conversation.

But papa said, Cholo would be great for me. I've been with many men in my life who treated me no special. Lahat ng naging relasyon ko ay hindi naging maganda ang ending at baka si Cholo na raw ang magiging happy ending ko.

It's hard to think that he would be when—for me, I just don't think it's happening.

After all those thoughts run through my head until midnight, I feel asleep and woke up the next day covered by a blanket. Nagising na rin naman ako at pagkalingon ko sa mag-ama ay gising na ang mga ito. They told me na dumaan daw ang mga Monet dito sa kwarto kanina pero dahil daw sa lalim ng tulog ko, hindi na ako ginising pa. Umalis na sila at hindi ko man lang sila napasalamatan muli.

Cholo said Mrs. Monet will be back tomorrow to check in with us before we go back to Paris. That made me feel okay. Our conversation yesterday is something I wouldn't also forget so I don't wanna miss saying goodbye to her for now.

"Puyat ka 'no?" tanong ni Cholo. Hindi ko siya sinagot. "Ba't ka napuyat? May ka-chat kang afam 'no?"

Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay. "Mukha mo. Aga-aga, ha?"

He smiles. "This is a good day to be happy..."

I exhaled. "Well... it does..."

But if he would know what was going on in my head last night, he'll never talk about it so I guess for now, I'll just keep it for myself. Iyon na lang ay kung may sabihin si Limer sa tatay niya, that would be the end of me.

But our time in this place is just around the clock, what else would come for us?