i. 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘄𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁?

THE GROUPIES:
DAISY & IRIS JONES

—————————⋆⋅☆⋅—————————

daisy jones was in 1951 as iris jones was born in 1954 and both grew up in hollywood hills of los angeles, california. the daughters of frank jones, the well-known british painter, and jeanna lefevre, a french model. but when daisy started making a name for herself as a young teenager on the sunset strip, where was her beloved sister?

ELAINE CHANG (biographer, author of daisy jones: wild flower): here is what is so captivating about the jones' sisters, before they were "daisy and iris jones". you've got two rich white girls, growing up in L.A. they're absolutely gorgeous—even as children.

you've got daisy, she has these stunning big blue eye — dark, cobalt blue. one of my favorite anecdotes about her is that in the eighties a colored-contact company actually created a shade called 'daisy blue'. she's got copper-red hair that is thick and wavy... it takes up so much space. and then she's got an incredible voice that she doesn't cultivate, never takes a lesson.

similar to her sister, ophelia, or iris. they looked fairly similar, same copper red hair, but iris' was more soft and tame. her eyes were more forest green compared to her sisters dark blue ones. even though the world was so obsessed with daisy's magnificent voice, iris' was just pure magic. it was rumored that iris taught her sister daisy everything she knew about music, but it was never confirmed.

they were born with all the money in the world, access to whatever they wanted —artists, drugs, clubs— anything and everything at their disposal.

but they had no one. no extended family in los angeles, two parents who are so into their own world that they are all but indifferent in their existence. although, they never shy away from making their daughters pose for their artist friends. that's why there are so many paintings and photos of them as children— the artists that came into that home saw the jones daughters, saw how gorgeous they were, and wanted to capture them.

it's telling that there is no frank jones piece of iris or daisy. their father was too busy with his male nudes to pay much attention to his daughters. and in general, they spent their childhoods rather alone, with each other. until daisy left poor little iris when she was fourteen.

we love broken, beautiful people. and it doesn't get much more obviously broken and more classically beautiful than daisy and iris jones.

IRIS JONES (singer): i remember the day she left, absolutely. i was fourteen years old, in my room, it was about two in the morning, and i had headphones on while i listened to elvis presley. she'd come in my room, to be honest i thought she was our mom so i pretend to be asleep. no words were exchanged, my eyes were closed and she walked up to my bed and kissed me on the forehead.

i still thought she was my mom, figured she was drunk or something and was just trying to make up for yelling at me or something. so, i didn't think much of it. until the next morning when i woke up and went into daisy's room and her room was a mess, and she was no where to be found.

when i finally realized that she was gone for good, i think i cried for a good three weeks straight. i mean she was all i had, i was hardly even a teenager at that point. my parents didn't give two shits about us, and when she left, i had absolutely nothing.

DAISY JONES (singer, daisy jones & the six): i don't regret leaving my home, no. do i regret leaving my sister alone? most definitely. my intention wasn't to hurt her, or make her feel alone, it was to be less of a burden on her life. i felt like i was dragging her down. people think that the oldest sibling is the one that's supposed to raise the youngest, but that wasn't the case with me and iris. she took care of me.

so i left. i didn't want her to feel like she had to focus on me her whole life, i wanted her to live. i wanted to live. we weren't going to have anything growing up in that house, the both of us. and i know that now, but then all i could think about was what she could have. me and my sister never fought, ever. until i decided to leave, and when she found me, wow. everything went down hill. we acted as if we'd always hated each other. we argued all the time, we never seen eye-to-eye on things.

but i would rather argue until i turned blue with my sister than to never have her in my life again. and i mean that. from the bottom of my heart. the six years that i spent being high and drunk off my ass without my sister, were the worst years of my life.

but we would have never met the people we did if i hadn't of left. so, i think i did us both some good in that department.

———————————————

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆                    

LILLY SPEAKS !

some chapters will be set up like this.
in interview format with various
characters. and then others, well,
you'll see :)

i hope you liked this short little beginning
chapter! im so excited to write this, also
thank you for 400+ reads!!!!!! i only just
published this a few days ago
and you guys are absolutely INSANE!

i love you all, & if i don't see ya'
good morning, good evening, & goodnight!