xvi. 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗻 𝗱𝗿𝘂𝗴𝘀

RISING
IRIS JONES

*iris jones' point of view*

—————————⋆⋅☆⋅—————————

I AM currently sitting in a car with the most annoying, agitating know-it-all in history. billy dunne has not stopped spitting out things that he expects daisy to be doing and where he thinks she is for the whole thirty minutes that we've been in the car.

we pull up to her house, a place i've never been, and we can already see a huge party going on. what a way to miss the recording session. there are people in ever corner of the house, booze, weed, hard drugs litter the entire vacancy. daisy is still on drugs... fuck.

i am following close behind billy, well as close as i can be because he's charging through everybody like a chicken with his head cut off. he looks back at me a few times to make sure i'm still here and not being swallowed by the big crowds of bodies. we get to the backyard and i still don't see daisy. though there is a huge pool out back that i can hardly see. we walk around a few people and then i see her.

floating in the pool, in her back, fully clothed. in her own little world, most likely high as hell with her head in the clouds. billy and i walk over to the side of the pool and just look at her. we are both fuming. he's probably mad because she missed the recording, i am upset because she is still the same old 16 year old daisy.

the one who couldn't stay of the drugs long enough to provide for her thirteen year old sister. the same 11 year old sister who was not only high, but drunk while i was nearly drowning in the pool out in our childhood backyard because i though it'd be cool to do a flip off the diving board and ended up hitting my head. nobody said i was the smartest child, okay?

i can feel my eyes burning, i look up at billy, who stands a good foot above me. he looks back down at me, he twists his face apologetically. i know why he brought me with him. this is my sister and he wanted me to see that. he wanted me to realize how broken she was. he wanted to see if i was the same person as her, but i am assuming by look on his face he knows that is definitely not the case.

daisy mutters shit in the pool and billy says, "yeah, shit." she turns toward him with a smile on her face. unable to see me as i stand behind billy.

"sorry," she says. still smiling.

"teddy's catching hell from the label, and you just wasted an entire fucking day."

"i just said sorry, didn't i?" daisy sighs. she whispers, "i have to tell you a secret." billy bends down in a squat position and i move to the side a little, now in daisy's view. she sucks in a breath as she looks at me. "oh, hey sis!" she still fucking smiling.

"how much have you fucking taken daisy?" i say, not even blinking as she spins in a circle in the pool. i've done this way to many times.

"i am perfect- i am in perfectly in control of my faculties." she says as she hoists her body up from the pool. billy and i take a step back. when daisy gets up she steps hard on some glass and her foot starts bleeding. her makeup is all running down her face, her eyes are bloodshot red and i feel like i can just see all the drugs she's taken by the look on her face.