xv. 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱

RISING
IRIS JONES

*iris jones' point of view*

—————————⋆⋅☆⋅—————————

IT'S BEEN a little over a month since the fight between my sister and me. i haven't talked to her, or anyone in the band besides warren and eddie. there have been a few times when we've run into each other at the studio and hung out for a bit afterward. i did end up meeting camila coincidentally one day when i was recording with tobias, though.

she was talking to teddy outside of our booth room, in the hallway. i asked tobias, or tobi as i call him, who she was and he said, "that's billy dunne's wife...". he said that he was telling me something unfortunate. probably because he sees how my sister and billy are with one another; all of their flirting and fighting makes them look like an angry married couple.

i ended up walking out into the hallway to talk to teddy and we ended up introducing ourselves to one another. she was as sweet as can be. we talked for a good long while and got along real well. she had a kid with her, whom i assumed was her daughter. she was looking for billy, and asked me if i knew where he was. when i told that i hadn't talked to him into a few weeks she just smiled at me weakly, said her goodbye's and then left. she looked torn apart, like something was eating at her. all i wanted to do was comfort her, but i had just met her. i didn't want to cross any boundaries.

now, i sit against a wall in sound booth with the six. i'm next to the drums where warrens sits. we've been here for about three hours and daisy still isn't here. billy and teddy are going frantic, the rest of us are kind of just sitting here, wanting to just leave and do our own thing. i could just leave, given the fact i'm not apart of the band, but matt went out with a few friends tonight and i can almost guarantee that he will be drunk off his ass when he gets home. i'm trying to stay out as late as possible so i don't have to deal with him.

he absolutely hates warren, and he knows i'm here with him right now. every time he hears that i am going out with warren and eddie he gets so pissed that we start arguing. i feel like that's all we've done since we got back together two and a half months ago. argument after argument. it's starting to get exhausting.

warren gets off his drummer chair and sits next to me. we sit in silence for a good few seconds before he turns his whole body towards me. i follow suit as he takes a deep breath. i furrow my brows when he says,

"can i ask you something that may be a little too personal?" he sits his drumsticks off to the side and rests his elbows him knees that sit in front of his chest. "if not, that's completely fine. it's just been kind of eating at me." at this point, we are the only people in the booth. billy and teddy are outside arguing, and i have no idea where the other three went. so, me and warren are just sitting in a corner of a really big and quiet room.

"go for it." i say, having no idea what he's about to ask me.

"do you remember last month when eddie and i came to your apartment and we went to the movies?" i nod, "we heard you and your boyfriend arguing that day. that's why we didn't really pry you for information as to why you were close off. we didn't feel it wasn't any of our business. but, can i ask... what were arguing about?" oh...

"oh, um... nothing serious. he was just a little mad that i was going out with two other guys without him. he's protective, i guess." i shrug. picking at my nails, another nasty habit of mine.