viii. 𝗻𝗼 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗮𝘆

THE NUMBERS TOUR

*daisy jones' point of view*

—————————⋆⋅☆⋅—————————

GETTING A call at the early hour of seven by your producer is not my favorite way of waking up in the mornings. last night i went to this huge house party at some random person's house and got so high off my ass, i think i may have passed out. luckily, i woke up in my bed and nobody else was at my house but me. who got me home though, that's something i'll probably never know. though, it was probably rod, my tour manager. 

"what?" i answer the phone, which i said it in a very 'bitchy' tone but don't call me this early and maybe i would've answered nicely. 

"good morning to you too, daisy." teddy says through the phone. "i need you and the band at my house in an hour." 

"for what?" i ask. who the hell needs a band at their house at eight in the morning? 

"for whatever i want. i know you were out until four in the morning last night. i know you were getting stoned and nearly passed out when billy got there-" 

"billy?"

"yes, billy. now get up." i groan. i could just hang up and go back to sleep but then teddy would be really pissed at me, and considering he's the closest thing to a parent that i have, i don't want him to be disappointed in me. i am by no means a sappy person and i don't hardly ever give to shits what people think of me, but teddy cares about me no matter how much shit i throw at him, he still makes sure that i'm alive at the end of the day. i hang up the phone and get up slowly. i am clearly not a morning person. 

i get to his house at 8:13 am, thirteen minutes late is a new record for me. usually i won't show up until thirty minutes to an hour later, but by the time i got up, got dressed, i figured i might as well just come here. i figured the band would be here by now, but i don't see the van. teddy probably told me an hour so i'd get here earlier. that asshole

i knock on his door like a police officer, pounding on it rapidly before he swings the door open and looks at me like i'm crazy. "damn, daisy. can't give someone three damn minutes to get to the door before you start sounding like a s.w.a.t officer." he says, he looks like he just got out of the shower, or was right in the middle of one. 

"you were the one who told me to get here in an hour, you should've been prepared." i say as i walk into his huge house and shut the front door. he walks down a hallway that lead to his room and a bathroom, i've been to his house a few times to know where things are. 

"daisy, since when are you on time?" he just looks at me with raised brows as i pull my lips in a line and shrug, "exactly. alright, i'm going to finish my shower since you rudely interrupted it. you think you can sit out here and not cause no trouble?" he should know better. he walks into the bathroom and i here the shower start and i rush to his kitchen because i am starving. 

i stand leaning against his island-counter eating a bag of chips when i hear a knock at the door. teddy is walking out of his room, dressed, clipping his gold watch on. i'm assuming the person at the door is the band. 

i follow teddy to the door with a smile on my face, just because. when he opens it i see the irritating, obnoxious face that belongs to billy dunne. my smile drops when he walks into the house in front of me, completely not acknowledging my whole existence.  the rest of the band, eddie and karen mainly, say hi to me and karen even gives me a hug. i just seen her yesterday, but her hugs always feel good, so i am definitely not complaining. karen's the closest thing i have to a sister right now since i left my childhood and my actual sister years ago, and simone's on tour.