xi. 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘂𝗹

RISING
IRIS JONES

*iris jones' point of view*

—————————⋆⋅☆⋅—————————

I LEFT my house at about ten this morning and i am now heading to randy's donuts to start my morning off, just like usual. i met the band about two weeks ago and haven't really seen them since. though, my sister and i have grown a little closer since then.

i really fucking missed her. i keep thinking about if it was a good idea to forgive her so quickly. like, maybe there's a chance she'll hurt me again, or do something that i can't forgive her for. but i always come back to the fact that she's my sister. she's the only person i have in this world and i'm not going to give up on our (finally) revamping relationship because of some overthinking.

i cant stop thinking about the band either. specifically, the drummer named warren. he kept looking at me when i went to the studio with daisy, like he was over analyzing everything about my existence. he kept looking me up and down, from my hair to my boots, but his eyes always ended up on mine. to be honest, i'm surprised his eyes didn't land on chest considering my dress was extremely v-cut. but never once did he even pay attention to it, i watched his eyes travel up and down me and not once did he ever look at me sexually. i mean the man was definitely checking me out, but not in a i'm a sexualizing creep kind of way.

though, we hardly shared any words the other day. we talked a few times but hardly any words were really exchanged, we just couldn't keep our eyes away from one another. he has beautiful eyes, i must admit. they are dark brown, reminding me of the tiger's eye gemstone ring that currently sits on my middle finger. something i couldn't help but notice every time we made direct eye contact, is the way that he smiles through those eyes. the way every time he looked at me i could tell there was so much he wanted to actually say to me, he just couldn't. i guess we're two of the same.

i walk into randy's donuts and immediately see how packed they are. i completely forgot that today was sunday. i make my way to the end of the line, patiantly waiting for the gorups of people in front of me to get their things when someone comes up behind me, almost scaring me to death.

"well, funny seeing you here." i turn around to see who says this and it is none other than eddie roundtree; the bassist in the six. he smiles at me, warmingly. i liked his grumpy, smartass attitude the other day towards billy, the bands lead singer. i made sure he knew that too. i talked him for a good long while about really anything. we kind of just talked shit about billy for an hour. (he talked, i listened while eating chips).

"well, i come here almost everyday. so, inretrospect, it's funny seeing you here." i smile back at him. i think the more i hang out with my sister and the six, the more eddie and i will become closer. our energy just radiates off of one another and we share much similar qualities.

"oh, that's right. i forgot you were the chocolate custard donut girl." i know what he's talking about. it was when i had went to teddy's nearly a month ago and brought him donuts, per usual and i walked in complaining about randy's lack of my favorite donut.

"hey! i don't walk my happy ass all around town to come here and them not have my favorite donut." i say defensively, moving up a spot or two in line as people have ordered since he started talking to me.

we sit there and talk about random things for a good five to ten minutes before he asks me, "what are you up too today, jones?" jones? i almost laugh at the nickname. not in a judgemental kind of way, just that the only other nicknames i have are iris and reese, both which given to me by my older sister.