★ 4. Windsor ★

I hadn't yet finished admiring the Windsor Castle when a large wing took up the space of the castle

I hadn't yet finished admiring the Windsor Castle when a large wing took up the space of the castle. Interrupted from my thoughts, I turned my whole attention toward the source of disruption and found a large creature standing in front of me.

It had a black body and glossy obsidian hair that fluttered in the wind. It's beady eyes watched me with curiosity, as I took note of the long golden horn right in the middle of its head. Large black wings sprouted out of its back and rested comfortably upon the ground. I turned to my right and found two similar creatures in front of my friends as well.

"Are these the unicorns sent to pick us up?" I inquired, to which Aurora nodded.

With a proud expression on her visage, she petted the huge white creature, carefully evading its horn. "Yes. These mystical creatures aren't for everyone to use. They're reserved only for the most revered guests and the nobility of Windsor."

I looked at the black unicorn again, admiring it's unreal beauty. It was the first time I would fly on a unicorn, and it made me anxious as well as expectant.

"Well, I'm honored. I had never realized I was that special to Windsor," I remarked dryly, recounting all the times I was treated less than a human in this world.

And here I was, walking into this kingdom on my own feet, hoping to ask for assistance from these petty faeries. I must have gone insane for a while.

Aurora chuckled at my words. "You really don't seem to be that kind of person, but you hold grudges very well. These faeries have committed a blunder by messing with you."

I shrugged in reckless abandon. "What use is it now? They have already made a formidable enemy out of me."

I held my hand toward Dominic, into which he thrusted a black object. Holding it in front of my visage, I tied the strings of my mask behind my head. Without waiting any further, I climbed on the unicorn's back, taking control of its reins. My companions followed soon after, and with a slight pull of the reins, all three of our rides took off seamlessly.

Their gigantic wings beat the tight air with powerful strokes, and we soon found a pace in the sky. Although the unicorns didn't fly too high up in the clouds, the view of the dainty kingdom from the top was impeccable.

Windsor was a methodized blend of narrow streets and wide boulevards that came together to form an aesthetically pleasing kingdom. Faeries of lower orders combed through these streets, too preoccupied with their everyday life to notice guests flying towards the castle.

Some of these roads were lined with colourful houses of all shapes and sizes. Faeries loved to use colorful materials to build their houses, which was why some of them sported peacock feathers on blue rooftops while some others boasted of violet trees with glittering leaves in their backyards.

Windsor resembled the human world in a myriad of ways except for the fact that these faeries loved to add interesting touches to everything, while us humans did everything in our same old desolate way.