★ 12. Sunrise ★

An abnormally heavy feeling on my chest woke me up from my deep slumber

An abnormally heavy feeling on my chest woke me up from my deep slumber. I slowly opened my eyes and found someone was sleeping on top of me. My senses became alert instantly, and I surveyed my surroundings. Plain white walls were covered with expensive tapestries and the ground was covered with imported carpets woven with golden threads.

I realized I was in a room in Aurora's tavern, but the reason didn't occur to me until a few minutes later. The memories of last night that had temporarily been faded away by slumber started to come back after my consciousness filled colors in them.

The ambush, the fight, my fall and then this room. I realized how I should have been furious for being betrayed, but instead, I had given into my desires and let him do whatever he wanted to me. The images of some of the things he had done made me blush yet again, and I realized just how deeply I had taken myself into this mess.

My mission to save the world was less than two months away, yet I felt the need to lose myself in the arms of some ridiculously handsome stranger. Even though he wasn't a stranger anymore, this was below my dutiful personality.

I looked at Kaian sleeping peacefully on my naked body, and took the time to admire his broad shoulders and sculpted back once again. He was the only one who could make me change my mind swiftly like a chameleon, and between loving him and hating him, I stood incredibly bemused and torn.

My mind was full to the brim with hundreds of unanswered questions, but before I could sit with Kaian and demand answers, I wanted to inhale fresh air. Being in the room and lying under a beast of a man was quite asphyxiating.

I gave him a gentle push while turning to my left side, hoping it wouldn't wake him up. Fortunately, he rolled off and I was free to get up. Finding some semblance of my clothes, I wore them while failing to keep my mind from getting distracted to last night, when he had ripped them off my body.

With my cheeks turning red and a familiar warmth coursing through my body, I wore my boots and left the room. The farther I went from that dangerous man, the better it was for me. Since it was still early, I didn't see a lot of guests outside. That was a good sign for me to walk around freely, still I didn't wish to be seen by anyone.

I didn't wish to look at their disgusted expressions whenever they looked at me. I wished to remain in the illusionary world I had created around myself, even if for a little while.

Walking up the steps to the terrace, I stepped inside to see how much it was a mess. Black blood of the demons had dried out, leaving nasty stains. Between the black massacre, I could spot a few drops of bright red blood from my thigh wound, spotting the bloodbath like a patterned painting. But there was no trace of their bodies anywhere. I wondered who had cleaned that up.

As I went further, I saw Aurora standing in a far corner. Her black hair swayed gently with the wind and she sighed deeply. After not being able to even ask her whether she was alright, I made my way toward her.