Chapter 11: Hell Hath No Fury.

The next few days Mr Rovere didn't come to the office, and I barely saw him. I felt uneasy, I don't know what he meant by his words in the kitchen but it was driving me insane. Why am I overthinking this? I need to stop acting like a baby. 

On Thursday as I reached the office I could hear muffled sounds behind the door. He was here! I took a deep breath and opened the door to see something that made my eyes widen. Mr Rovere had his arm around a girl in a short pink dress that clung to her body. The girl had him pressed against the wall and he didn't seem like he was there against his will.

That's... definitely not his cousin.

I gulped and clenched my hands at the flood of dreadful emotions. I didn't tear up this time, I did feel something, but it was like a clash between fury and cold jealousy. I tried not to show any emotions though. I just decided to quickly walk to my own door and get to my office. 

"What a rude little man, who is he?" The girl said, her voice was high-pitched and had a certain quality only rich and obnoxious people could have. 

"Just a PA" I felt his words ring in my ear like acid, I stopped and gritted my teeth before flashing a bright smile in their direction.

"Hello, I'm sorry for n- not greeting before, I didn't want to in-... interrupt," I said, with a stutter, beating myself up for the stupid crack in my voice. I didn't want to give this asshat of a man the satisfaction of being me uncomfortable.

"Ignore him." He said to the girl, before turning to me with a cold stare "I'm sure you can keep things to yourself, Mr Fane?" I just turned away from his eyes and nodded before walking away.

"Yes, Sir"

Once I got into the office, my anger started to bubble over. I KNEW HE WAS JUST TEASING ME. This mother-fudging, dogbutt-faced chauvinistic bastard! I would not give him the satisfaction of my reaction and if that's how he wanted to play it, then that's how we'll do this. 

Yes, I understood the hypocrisy of my annoyance but I didn't give a flying monkey's fuck! I quickly walked over to the desk and pulled my laptop out, setting it down and logging into my emails. I checked through them and found the invitation that Tania's assistant had probably sent. It was a no-entry without invitation. I read through the invite and smirked as my eyes landed on certain few words. 

I leaned back and smiled at the screen. I heard someone say that the best revenge was living your life. Well, I was about to live all nine of mine. 

.....

The next day I barely talked to Mr Rovere and my coldness towards him almost matched his, which was something I didn't even know I was capable of. I had also started applying for jobs and sending out CVs. I sent out about 60 applications before the day ended, I was not staying at this job but I couldn't leave without a better job in sight. My ego wasn't more important than my baby sister. 

I  sighed as the day came to an end and I left without even looking in his direction. The anger and pettiness I felt was something a psychotic teenager would feel if their partner slept with their best friend. Although I wasn't homicidal, I was close. 

I got in my car and put on my Angsty emo music to aid me while I drove. I'm pretty sure I flipped the bird to a few people, it's safe to say I wasn't in the best mood.

"LET'S START A RIOT 

A RIOT!

LET'S START A RIOT!

If you feel so filthy