Chapter 4: Hey Google, can I kill my boss?

I wake up to the blaring alarm, my head throbs from the shooting pain and I let out a groan. Why is my head banging you may ask? Well, it's probably because some dumbass made me get out of bed at 2:00 and drop him off at the opposite fricking side of New York. I only had about an hour of sleep and I can't feel my limbs. I whine and mumble, rolling away from the alarm on my side table and pulling my legs up into a fetal position on the bed, turning myself so my butt is sticking up.

You're not an adult...

Woooooo...

You still have time to sleeeeeeeeppppp...

You are not even born yeeetttttt.....

My brain tried to keep me asleep and I could feel myself falling back asleep before I remembered the cold green eyes of the handsome devil I work for. I pushed myself up with both arms, looking at my pillow groggily.

"I am too young to die, especially with such a good butt."

I huff and push myself off the bed, quickly getting ready as I dial the number for the restaurant that needed to prepare the order for the conference for Mr Rovere's meeting, however... JUST AS MY LUCK WOULD HAVE IT, they didn't pick up. Actually, more accurately, they did not pick up the order. I curse and run to put my pants on, trying a different restaurant, however, they are all closed. It's 4:00 GOSH DAMN AM, which sane bloody man, asks for such a posh ass meal FOR BREAKFAST? I rush into the bathroom to get ready, finishing in 5 minutes to run out of the room, my mind racing with ideas on how to get good quality food for the Shareholder meeting that started in about 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Oh I'm so getting fired...

Actually, he could choke me and no one could do a damn thing!!

That doesn't sound too bad...

My brain interjects and I blush, shaking my head to think of something. The meeting can't be too important right? Food isn't necessary, right? IT IS THAT IMPORTANT, I'VE READ THE FILE!! I think for a few minutes before an idea hits me, I quickly dial Anna's Number.

Ring...

Ring...

Rin-

"WHO THE FU-"

"ANA HELP ME" I squeak out in a panic.

"Wh- Who- Adam?" I nod frantically, before remembering I'm a GOSH DAMNED IDIOT, on the PHONE.

"YES YES YES, I'm going to get fired, but can you help me!!!???" I yell, jumping in my place.

"Oh, Okay, Okay, but you owe me big time, bigger than just a bagel!" She whines, sleepily. I blow her a kiss and thank her multiple times.

"Okay, so I just need you to get to work and set up the conference room, I'll fax you all the documents and you just have to file them for 12 people and then you can go back to sleep, I'm so sorry!"

I walk around the living room in a frenzy as I explain what I want from her. My breathing becomes a little impatient and shallow as I wait for her response, biting my lower lip nervously.

"Okay, I'll get to work then... Ughhhhhh You OWEEEE MEEEEE"

"I LITERALLY LOVE YOU, YOU ARE A QUEEN!!! I WILL GET YOU A STRIPPER TO MAGIC MIKE YOU AS HE FEEDS YOU BAGELS IF YOU ASK, JUST HELP ME!!"

I yell and cut the call, running to the fax machine and sending her all the important papers in the right order. I then run back to the kitchen and open my fridge, pulling out everything I have. I look at the ingredients, trying to think of what to make when I set myself up for the quickest fancy-stuck-up-pants food I can think of. I look at the ingredients and sigh, running to my keys and getting my file. Before I run down the block to the 24-hour Halal food place nearby that I know will be open and have what I need. However, they only have chicken, lamb and beef. So, I decided on the Chicken recipe.