Chapter 15: Until Death

I let out a hallowed breath, my vision blurry behind hot tears as they rolled down my flushed cold cheeks. Her body laid over the grass on the grounds outside the Rovere mansion, surrounded by trees. Her red locks rested in waves, like the tide of an unforgiving ocean at dawn. The hair surrounded the pale motionless head, engulfing her sides. Her eyes were open and staring up at me as I shakily took her hand in my own. Her eyes were glassy and her iris milky. The pale skin of her face was splattered with small red specks... the blood covered the rest of her pale dress, almost white in the moonlight, now patterned with a dark stain around her stomach. I couldn't breathe or move as my eyes finally trailed down to her stomach and my breath hitched. 

I took the sight of horror in with a shaky hope that it was a dream. Her stomach had been ripped, and there were other deep marks around her chest and legs but her arms only had minor lacerations. There laid, in the green grass, surrounded by haunting trees, Mr Rovere's date, in the dark puddle of her own blood. 

~~~ 4 hours before ~~~

I murmured and nuzzled my face into the fussy warmth laying under my head. The hard, yet comfortable pillow under me moved in a rhythmic pattern, going softly up and down. I yawned and slowly lifted my head to look up at Mr Rovere, Lorenzo, as he had asked to be called in private. Just thinking about it made my face hot and my cheeks burn red. I remembered everything all at once, the way he touched me, held me, and used me. I couldn't even focus before hiding my face against his chest again. I peeked up after a second, it was so weird to see his closed lids and resting face, his arm was still around me and I was firmly held in place by his side. 

Such a weird man, to be so stubborn while resting. I slowly reached up and touched his lips in an entranced manner, he was so beautiful. I know that the term should be handsome but he was more like a work of art. Something unreal.  The only thing that made him even a little human was the small faded scar on his left eyebrow. It was funny how a scar was the only thing keeping him from being inhumanely beautiful but also made him... super fucking hot. 

Finally, you said it. 

Oh, shush. 

Mr. Rovere's lips turned up into a smile and he quickly bit my finger, making me squeak. I tried to pull away from him but his arm that held me in place before, now pulled me closer, moving me from his side to on top of him with his face only a few inches under mine. My cheeks burned red as his eyes fluttered open, giving me a devilish smirk with my finger still between his teeth. It was irritating that if I ever tried to do any of this, I'd look like a doofus. 

"Hi, Caro." Lorenzo softly whispered and reached up with his free hand, scratching my head softly and playing with my hair. I blushed and leaned into the touch as it felt good. He then softly pulled me down and our lips softly clashed, the kiss felt magical and soft, unlike any of the other ones. 

I pulled back with a small blush and bit my lower lip, before pushing myself up and sitting on Lorenzo, I can't believe I'm calling him by his first name, with my legs on either side of his waist. My poor button-up was open and didn't hide much from the view and I couldn't exactly close it seeing as the buttons had been torn off. I could feel his eyes running up my bare body as I sat over on top of his. 

"I... I wan- wanted to talk.." I said, cursing myself out in my mind at how submissive and stuttery I sounded.

"What about, Cucciolo?" He said with a weird expression. It was a soft smile and his eyes... they seemed so soft and... and loving? No way...

"I can't... I don't think I can do this..." I felt him tense under me and my body stiffened and I closed my eyes "I... I just can't lose my job, I need to support Meg through School and Uni. If something goes wrong between us, I don't want to... fuck it up for her." 

I felt a hand on my cheek and the touch made me flinch at first before I eased into his hand and slowly opened my eyes to look at him with fear. He smiled at me softly and pulled me down to kiss my forehead softly.