Chapter 5: Mother Dearest

I drive home, my head racing with the events of the day. I shake my head to concentrate and turn on the music, playing Paradise City by Guns and Roses. However, by the time I reach home, I'm about to go mad with all the thoughts in my head, I feel my breath shaking as I can still feel the tingle on my skin from his closeness. I shake my head and take a few battered breaths, getting out of my car and stomping on the ground with a pout.

"I AM NOT LETTING THIS DEVIL TAKE OVER MY LIFE!"

I huff and stomp to the house with my cheeks puffed out... in a manly way. I open the door with more aggression than necessary, throwing my coat on the rack and going into the living room to find Meghan watching Lucifer on Netflix. I already finished the show twice... a slow evil grin makes its way to my face and I do the evilest deed anyone can do, getting back at Meg for all those Avenger spoilers.

"LUCIFER GETS SHOT IN THE HEART AND GOES INTO A COMA, DETECTIVE IS HEARTBROKEN AND HAS TO GO AFTER HIM INTO H-" I squeak as Meg jumps up from the couch and onto me with a pillow, holding a satanic expression. I squirm as she smacks me with the pillow over and over, trying to defend myself, however, 16-year-olds are scary and not as easy to defend yourself against, as you would think...

"HOW COULD YOU TELL ME THAT!??!?! YOU CRUEL CRUEL DICK FACE!!!" She growls with a smack of the pillow to my face, I laugh evilly and try to stop her from killing me with her deadly weapon, grabbing the pillow.

"Remember the End Game? Tee Hee." I grin at her with big puppy dog eyes and an innocent grin, to which she replies glaring down at me with her lips puckered into a pout. I poke my tongue out and she growls, pulling the pillow up for another smack just as both our stomachs let out a loud and hungry growl.

We stay quiet for a second before the growl comes back and both our serious looks drop into a competition of holding back the laughter, by the third growl we can't keep the poker face and burst into laughter.

We both decide to eat out and she changes out of her Pajamas into jeans and my T-shirt that she "borrowed" last summer. I changed into a shirt that has "Fries and Furious" written on it with jeans that said "fudge" down the side. The pair was designed by Meghan for my last birthday and I love them, they capture my soul, which is dead and hungry all the time.

We go to a small diner that sells Milkshakes and Burgers just a few blocks down, the aesthetic of it is very old Hollywood and Riverdale-esk. I order a chocolate and banana milkshake with a chicken cheeseburger and wedges to top it off. Meghan gets a Strawberry and Banana milkshake with a loaded hotdog and medium fries.

"So, how was the tour of the new school?" I ask Meghan as we wait for the food to arrive. She went to check the site in the morning and got information about enrollment in the new school.

"It's actually very nice... The cafe was amazing, the people weren't as rude and pretentious as I thought they would be..." She says with a smile, "They have the fashion course I want as well."

"That sounds amazing! I'll check the school out on Monday and let's get you enrolled. How 'bout it?" I saw, raising an eyebrow.

"If you do, you will be crowned the best bro ever." Meghan grins and gives me a cheeky thumbs-up.

"So, tell me more about this Girlllllfriend of yours?" I say mischievously, wiggling my eyebrows at her. It's my solemn duty as a brother to tease her and I shall fulfil my humble duty.

Meghan choked on her milkshake, before eyeing me with a slight look of suspicion. "I mean... What do you want to know about her? Actually, what do you know about her?"

"Nothing more than what you told me," I say, tilting my head in confusion. "Why? Is there something I should know?"

"Oh, duh. Yeah... well, her name is Celestine, but I call her Celeste." She says, a small smile making it to her lips as her eyes brighten up. "She's shy and cute... sometimes a little bit dorky. Opposite of me but also very kinda like me."