chapter 9

Haruko's pov.

I don't know how long have I been here for this ceiling to become this familiar to me whenever I open my eyes. Unlike before now I am not scared of opening my eyes. Before I was welcome with the disgusting smell of medicine white masked and scary looking people but now when I open my eyes it's always a smiling face. A face that looks like they have been eagerly waiting for me to open my eyes. My whole body hurts especially my throat I can't make any sound. I can't feel my legs anymore maybe it's because of all those medicines. There is this old snake looking man who has been giving me treatments since I opened my eyes. He is kind. Not just him but everyone that I have met for the past many days that I have been here. I don't know why but I always feel this sense of familiarity with few of these people. No matter how much I think about it it's just not adding up. Especially this man. The one that is now sitting in front of me peeling some kind of orange colour fruit. He has been feeding me that for a while now. I like the mix of sour and sweet taste. But no matter whatever I do to push off this bugging feeling I can't do that with this man in specific. He is just so familiar. I wanted to know who he is. I wanted to ask him who he is. Who he is to me. But my lips never moved. I have been trying to make some kind of sound for a while now. This was tiring

(Time skip)

I don't know how much time have passed since I came here. Last time I think I heard the old snake looking man said that it's been 4 months I guess. I was able to make up a few words maybe even a few sentences if I try harder. Talking was very tiring maybe it's because I haven't done that for who knows how long. There were a few things that I found out throughout these few months. I am in the middle of nowhere. I am currently undergoing treatment for all those shit that happened to me for years. The people here are very friendly and over protective sometimes. And lastly Itachi. I knew the first time I heard him name it was very familiar. A few months back I started having these dreams about a smaller version of Itachi and another girl. My dreams were mainly from her point of view. It was always something sweet and fun. It didn't take me long to realise that it was not just dreams but memories. My memories. I wasn't sure at first but what better way did I have other than to ask the very man who my dreams were centred. I saw tears falling from him eyes when u first mentioned about these dreams those tears made my stomach flip maybe in a good way. I don't know. I felt warm that day. I don't know how to explain that feeling or why I felt that but it felt right. Since then Itachi and another raven haired familiar man Obito without any fail talked to me about who I was and how my life was. They talked about my brother. His name was Naruto and he lives in Konoha now. Then there's Itachi's brother too Sasuke. There stories together were always fun and never failed to make me smile.
There were many times that I wanted to ask no tell them how I ended up where I was. I always had nightmares of what happened and I wanted to tell Itachi about it. I didn't know why or if I should even tell him that. I know that everyone has been very cautious of me but what if he didn't care. I was not ready then but I was now. If what they told me all those times were true then they care about me right. They were my family right. They will help me right. Many questions flooded my mind it was giving me headaches again.
"Haru are you okay? Do you want me to go call Orochimaru-san for you" I heard Itachi's concern filled voice. I shook my head no. I was fine. I looked up and straight into his eyes. Getting lost in them. I conflicted on telling him about everything but at the same time doubt filled my mind with many what if. "You know that if you ever want to talk to me about anything, I always here right." He asked I kept quite for a few moments. Was I that obvious. I looked at him again and took a deep breath and before I could comprehend what I wanted to say words fell from my lips. "How... Why was I there" I was shock with my own question. Am I stupid. Why was I there what. There is where. Ahh my head is going to explode. But I guess he already knew what I meant. There was silence in the room and then he finally broke it. "I don't know... That's also the same question that I am also trying to figure out. Why was you there" I never took my eyes off his and he continued "13 years ago after the 4th hokage sealed the Kyubi in you brother they died. It was not just them there were many casualties and you were one of them too. I saw you body with my own eyes. Your blood, your limp body I saw it with my eyes. Why were you alive and why were you there. The 3rd Hokage announced your death immediately after the 4th and his wife your parents. No matter how much I think it didn't fit. There are many questions that I wanted to ask. You brother his existence and the kyubi's were meant to be kept a secret why and how did the whole village found out. The boy who was supposed to be seen as a hero who saved his village was now seen as a demon that destroyed his Village. Your burial was held separately from others. No one was allowed to attend the ceremony. Why. Immediately after the incidents it was forbidden to even talk about your name there and eventually everyone forgot about you. It was a law to never mention you name of existence to anyone even and especially to your brother. Why. After that the Uchiha clan rebeled against Konoha. Why. Why was an order passed to wipe out the whole clan including the children instead of trying to talk things out. Why was that mission given to me." He finished his voice broke in between his eyes lowered at one point but my eyes was still on him. He was right there were many whys. Now that he have mentioned about his side of the story I guess it is my turn now. I have never talked about it mainly because there was nothing good out of it. It was not going to change anything but after listening to everything they have to say I finally decided to give a few of them closure. My eyes left him and fell on my hands as I spoke "You're right. There where many whys. Itachi.... Listen to me ok..... I never thought of saying anything that happened all these time. I didn't want to remember them. The betrayal the pain anything. It was too much. But if I don't say anything now I fear that the same is going to happen to our brothers too. That why... Listen to me ok...." I paused to glance at the raven hair in front of me my emotion were a complete mess now. I don't know. When I saw him looking at me very seriously getting himself ready to take in whatever I was going to throw at him I sighed and started. "That day......"