Roadtrip!- Part 1

I'm still working out some things for the Reunion Chapter, so enjoy the Demigods journey to Gotham.

This was, without a doubt, the most stressful journey I had ever been on, and that's saying something, I spent the first nine years of my life on the road.

It had started off well, Nico agreed to shadow travel us there, promising that he was strong enough to do so. Obviously that was a lie.

(I'm not completely sure about Non-French terminology, but I'm assuming a rest stop is basically an Aire?)

Now we're stuck in a rest stop at I don't know where, with a sleeping Ghost King and... Leo. Don't get me wrong, I love Leo, he's probably the member of the 7 that I have the most fun with- just never, ever, ever, take Leo on a road trip. He's like the annoying toddler who keeps asking 'Are we there yet?' every 5 seconds. 

Annabeth, Hazel and I went into the small convenience store while Jason babysat Leo and Piper and Frank watched Nico. We figured Nico would be hungry when he woke up so we brought the closest thing we could get to a McDonald's Happy Meal and paid in cash. Bruce's card that he gave me still worked but I figured that I didn't want potential robbers to see that Bruce Wayne's money was at a dingy rest stop in wherever we were.

We were exiting the shop with the goods when crashing was heard in the direction of the Restrooms, we raced over to the others where there was a better vantage point.

When we arrived, we saw that all of our friends mouths (except Nico's, he was asleep) were wide open in shock. Casting my gaze over to the commotion, I saw a truck full of coal on it's side and on the spilling coals I saw... Klarion.

"Annabeth.." I said,

"He's not mythological, I'm sure of it." She said, to anyone else, she probably sounded calm but I could hear the panic in my practically sister's voice.

I looked to Thalia, who knew (from when the team took her in for questioning) that I was Robin. Thalia seemed to understand what I was trying to tell her, and said,

"Then we split up, hide, and hope that some superheroes fix it." Hazel looked a bot confused at 'superheroes', then I realized that she had no idea about superheroes... oops.

"Shouldn't we try to help?" Frank asked, 

"Not my circus," Annabeth started,

"Not my Monkeys." I finished. Except this was my circus, and my Monkeys would probably show up soon. Well, what better way to ease them into my disappearance?

We all separated and left Nico sleeping on the floor with me standing beside him, shit. I picked up Nico and hid him behind a rock, where I prayed to my entire godly family that Klarion wouldn't find him, and slipped on the suit I had brought from my cabin for an emergency.

------

Wally West and his team, apart from Nightwing, were heading to a rest stop just outside Jump City where there had been a sighting of Klarion. Anything involving the Chaos Lord was bad news, so Wally was nervous to face him without their leader amongst them.

When the bioship landed, the original 6 Young Justice (minus Nightwing) and Zatanna walked out, they were met with utter chaos, though with a Chaos Lord, that was to be expected. There was an overturned Lorry on fire and Klarion had formed giant red glowing arms which erupted out the ground and were throwing rocks at tourists. He didn't seem to have a specific goal, which made his actions all the more dangerous. 

The thing that really gained the Young Justice team's attention, however, was the Blue and Black, bird themed hero that had just landed in front of them,

"About time you lot showed up."

OK this is a really weird chapter but I enjoyed it.

There will be another (I think only one) chapter on this road trip, and then hopefully we can get to the heartfelt reunions and chaotic Batfam.

PLEASE let me know what you want to see in this book! I'd really like to not run out of ideas and have to finish this book before I'm ready.

Also- Yesterday we were #4 in nightwing, which I count as a huge achievement. I wish I could read this book as if it was a book I didn't write.

ANYWAY, thanks for all the amazing support, some of the Reading lists this book has been added to have amazing names ('Gay Panic ✨🌈', might be my favourite) and it's really great to know that my book is actually being read. If you want to let me know what you thing, please leave a comment, or even just vote.

Luv Ya,

Hestia.