The return.

I'm back with another part! It's been a while!

I realized that one of the reasons that my previous 'After the War' bit didn't work was because there's so many demigods that nobody really gets their chance to shine. Instead of them all coming at once, I'm going to have the Batfam meet them all separately. Hope this is ok.

(Percy/Dick)

I was nervous. Why wouldn't I be? I was returning home after  being missing for 8 months with no explanation. I was expecting at least a little anger directed towards me. I was in my cabin packing everything up, I wouldn't be coming back until summer and I didn't trust the Stoll's not to rob my drachma stash. 

Once I was finished and had checked everywhere I could think of, I stepped out of the cool cabin and into the late summer sun. With one last look at my second home, I closed the door and began trekking towards the Big House.

"Chiron, I'm headed out, I'll iris message, yeah?" I called, knowing he was playing Pinochle with Mr D. and not wanting to disturb him. 

"Alright Percy! Be safe!" He called back, though it didn't do much to cover the sound of the wine god's grumbling. I grinned and ran up Half-Blood hill, towards Thalia's pine. Petting Peleus on the way out, I began to descend the hill, but I was interrupted,

"Perce!" a voice called, I turned to see the Seven, Nico, Grover and some others, 

"Are you really leaving with out saying goodbye?!" Leo asked, his voice full of mock hurt, I rolled my eyes at his antics,

"Bye Guys, I'll miss you." I said, then after a thought, I added, "Come visit if you ever need anything, you know where to find me."

"Uhh, Percy?" Frank started, "Most of us don't actually know where to find you."

My cheeks heated at my mistake, but I shrugged it off and flipped him a business card (yes, that move was something I practised often). His eyes bugged when he read it and I realized that I had made yet another mistake.

"Hey Annabeth? You can explain it to these guys right? Great thanks bye!" I said, not leaving her anytime to reply, I rushed down the hill and climbed onto the back of Blackjack, who had been patiently waiting at the bottom of the hill for quite some time,

Yo Boss, where to? he asked,

"Krispy Kreme (I've NEVER had a Krispy Kreme because we never have enough time when we're in England. Am I missing out?) and then home please." Blackjack skipped in pleasure,

We're getting doughnuts?! He asked and I chuckled,

"Yeah, we're getting doughnuts."

------

(Bruce)

Things hadn't been good since Dick disappeared. At first Wally had been visiting, trying to find him, but a few weeks ago he had stopped the research that normally went on during his weekly visits, I was worried he'd lost hope that Dick was alive.

Tim  was sleeping less and less, he didn't make it obvious but the growing dark circles under his eyes said it all. Damien had grown irritable, all the progress Dick had made seemed to revert and he was back to how he had been when he first came to the manor.

The weirdest was Jason. He was constantly talking with Wally in hushed tones, the one time I had caught anything that was said, I heard 'Hera', 'Romans' and 'Flying Ship'. To say I was concerned would be an understatement, what was happening with Dick?

---

It was another grey afternoon. Of course, afternoons in Gotham were always grey, but somehow the absence of the original Robin made those afternoons so much worse. I was in the study, reading through a report that my secretary had given me about something or other (I spent a comical amount of time searching the web for what Wayne Enterprises actually does. I still don't know)

Sighing and setting the report aside, I decided to stretch my legs, even I knew that there was no way I would be able to stay focused being cooped up all day. I steered myself towards the gym, hoping that a bit of exercise would clear my head, when I was passing through the foyer, I heard the bell ring. Alfred materialised next to the door and opened it to reveal,

"Dick?"

I like cliff hangers far too much.

Was this okay? I feel like it was trash. 

Oh well, I feel really sick anyway. Which is good in that I get to miss school and give you guys more updates, and bad in that I was going to the mainland (I mean, it's also an island, just a bigger island) to see my girlfriend this weekend.

I'll survive.

ANYWAY, hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you'd like to show some support, be sure to vote or comment!

Stay safe!

Luv Ya,

Hestia.