Letting loose

Donnas pov

I woke up with my face sore. I got up and got ready. I covered the bruises best I could with a lot of color corrector and concealer. I wore more comfortable clothes.

So far, I think I'm doing pretty good. I'm ready to get back to work. I hate feeling helpless or lazy.

Dale was outside waiting for me. I was finishing off my outfit with just sneakers.

I walk out my house with some big sunglasses hoping it would cover my bruises and the sun has been out more so it won't be to put of the ordinary.

"Hi dale."
Dale turned to me sympathetically, he tried to change my mind about going to work earlier but I was determined to go to work today. "Donna, are you a 100% positive you want to go into work today?" He asked me with a worried look. I know he's just looking out for me but if I don't go to work Jordan with probably flip tables. "Yes dale. I'm positive I need to go to work." I smiled trying to reassure him I'll be ok.

With that he started driving. I looked out the window, looking at all the other car's driving by. How many of them are going through tough situations? How many are going through abuse? I just don't feel like myself.

"We're here." Dale said bringing me back to reality. "Thank you so much dale." I smiled kissing his cheek. "Of course and if you need anything at all call me." He said watching me, my body language. "Ok I'll be fine dale." I laughed saying bye to him.

I walked into work a little scared. I saw Michelle across the room talking with drew. They both heard me walk in and almost ran towards me.

"Oh my god, Donna where were you?" Michelle asked concerned.
"Are you ok?" Drew asked.
"Better." I said simply.
"I'm gonna find Jordan." I said.
"Good luck." Michelle said patting my shoulder.

I walked to his office and took a deep breath before walking in.
"Oh look who decided to come to work." Jordan said not even looking up at me.
"Jordan im sorry I didn't mean to." I said
"You can't just not go to work, come when you want and say sorry." He said harshly.
" you think I would just miss work to be lazy? You don't even know what happened and your blaming me!" I said. I'm not gonna let someone talk to me like that especially when he doesn't know what happened, he didn't even look concerned for me.
"Then what happened?" He asked
"It's personal."
"Fine. Go." He said
I left slamming his door.

"What happened?" Drew asked
"He's being an ass."I said annoyed.
"I mean he's acting like I missed a whole week." I said frustrated.
"Johnny told me." Drew said almost whispering.
I didn't say anything.
"Im sorry Donna." She said tearing up.
"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked.
I looked down.
"I don't know I guess I didn't wanna bother you." I said quietly.
She wrapped her arms around me.
Drew was called to set leaving me by myself. I whipped the tears from my face and walked out to my trailer.

The whole day Jordan was criticizing my every move. I knew everyone knew he was pissing me off, but drew would calm me so I didn't do something stupid. I didn't want everyone to think I didn't go to work because they think I'm lazy but I wasn't ready to talk about it.

I just couldn't wait for this whole movie to be over. Throughout the making of this movie it's been a train wreck. Starting with Johnny coming back, my brother, and Wayne.

"Hey, how was today?" Dale asked as I got into his car shutting the door.
"Could've been better, could've been worse." I said sighing.

"Wanna come in? Just to talk a little. Catch up." I asked dale.
"Why not." He shrugged and getting out the car.

"What something to drink?" I asked from the kitchen.
"Just a water."

"So how have you been? I feel like I don't know anything about your life recently." I chuckled handing him his water, sitting down next to him on the couch.