Chapter Twenty-Three.

"So, Apparently, what we're supposed to do is capture this guy and retrieve him?" Clint asks, taking an arrow from behind. Stark nodded, and glanced at me. 

 "Now, isn't this why we're here? Instead of fighting extraterrestrials, we're fighting with a fellow human. A real person." Stark cleared out, while everyone was looking at him. I gave him a smirk, when Bruce spoke, "This is what we're supposed to be fighting. I mean, we never expected we'd be against gods. If we fought one off, then we can easily take a hungry man for power down." 

 "We can do this, team." 

Natasha groaned, "Ugh. I feel like I'm in a children's tv show, but hey, this is what the team's all about." 

"You brought us into this, Dawn." Clint added, "-In a good way." he winked, And I couldn't help but look down and smirk. I took my pistol gun and pulled the firing pin, "Let's go team," I winked back at them and spread out.

Heeve was inside his hideout on an underground, he must've forgotten that we're the avengers. We're not the kind he messes with. We're not a normal kind of armed forces, we're the Avengers for goodnesssakes. Agent Hills tracked them, and we spread out a few steps back. It was an ambush. But Maria warned us, he had a lot of men, and by 'a lot', she meant so much. This guy's got an army. 

Of course, he's a drug dealer and a bank robber. He's New York's criminal mastermind. And I really don't like this guy.

   It was finally time to plant the bomb on the front porch of his loving home. I ran across the front and threw a rectangular nuke, and it stuck on the door. A few beeps later, the bomb went off and the huge metal door blew off. I could hear armed men running with their guns towards the door, but the whole place was filled with smoke. They all reached the front and Natasha and I started firing at the men. Stark flew up and into the building. He got in and went underground, where the main base was.  

Once the coast was clear, Natasha and I headed and ran inside. Without anything else in mind, I ran down underground. I had to find Heeve. 

I guess there was something about me that screamed, 'Kill Heeve'. When Steve and I got him to jail, he started become violent. Unable to accept the fact that NY's hero captured the biggest criminal. He wanted to be undefeated. And I think it was a load of shit.

After a few hallways and a few gun powder wasted, I reached the main hall. I bumped into Stark, trying to connvice him to go to the other room and get his men. I wanted to take Heeve on my own, and he won't let me. 

I think my rage and melancholy got mixed together which resulted to this, and I know it isn't right. But I just want to finish Heeve, cause he started this. He started a war. He released a few men out of jail, and its a total wreck out there. But I chose to start with him, cause I know that I want to take Heeve out.

Gun shots were fired at both of us, and we ducked down slightly, I held a tight grip on Stark. It was starting to get loud inside, and I shouted, "Go!" but he won't go, then a large explosion shot off near us. Natasha ran to the other side, "Stark!" she shouted, and he glanced at me. "I'll go to heeve." I told him, and he paused. "Damn it-" was all he said as he went out and caught up with Natasha. As he did, I ran to the other hallway, and luckily, I saw the main room. I started walking towards it, and when I went inside, nobody was there. The door creaked and before I could turn, Heeve pointed his gun behind me. 

"Don't move," he says, 

I don't. 

I heard him step closer, "I thought I killed you-" 

"Well you didn't," I cut him off, and he laughed at my reply. 

He pulled the pin, and poked the end of the gun behind me. "I will now," he says with a very disturbing tone of voice, "Where's your hero?" he asks, 

   And before I could respond, I heard Steve's voice. The voice I have been waiting for, the voice I missed so bad, and I just wanted to turn to see his face but I couldn't.

 Things went fast, Steve threw a punch at Heeve by the time he spoke, and I ran to the side. My eyes widened as I had took a glance on Steve, he started exchanging punches with Heeve. He then used his vibrant shield when Heeve started to fire a gunshot at him, and he shoved Heeve's arm, making him drop the gun. I pulled out mine and ran to Steve's side, pointing the pistol gun at Heeve. He raised his hand and had a worried look on his face. 

I panted, standing beside Steve. I took a quick glance at him and looked back at Heeve who was still standing still with his hands raised, I ignored what I felt the moment I stood there beside Steve. I couldn't act weak when Heeve was infront of us, even if he knew what my weakness was. 

One second later, Clint ran into scene pointing his archer at us. He aimed it to Heeve, who was looking back at him. But Clint glanced back at Steve, shocked with what he had seen. "I'll take it from here," he says, gesturing Heeve to get out of the room. 

By the time Heeve and Clint went off, I turned to Steve. He dropped his shield and we hugged, tight. 

I closed my eyes, still tangled deep in his arms. I missed his warmth, his smell, and his voice telling me he loved me. I hugged him back, almost tearing-up, but I held it back. I pulled away and asked him, "Whe-where-" 

But he kissed me, I didn't get to finish my words. We slowly pulled away, and he looked straight at my eyes. "I went to Heeve, and it was the night he escaped with the others." 

"How?" I asked him, "and-where were you for the past weeks?!" I wanted to ask so much more, but there wasn't enough time. War hasn't ended yet. 

"I had to think, what I had to do. I had to choose," 

"By leaving us behind?" I hissed, and he shook his head 'no', "I know I left you, but I came back because I chose to stay. With you." he was panting, "I took out a few of his men from the other districts. Everyone connected to him with the help of the team."

"The team?" I repeated,

"They knew about it. They chose not to tell you. I knew you could live without me." Steve says, looking back at me.

"Why would you do that?! I- I can't live without you, Steve!" I replied with sudden fury, shoving him aside, but I stayed in front of him. Rage wanted to come out from me, but I had the answers I have been waiting for. 

"But I thought you could-"

"The pain was never bearable. I had to hide it all."

He looked down, "I'm sorry, Pricilla. But I thought that-"

"Nothing would be the same now without you. Are you crazy?!" I said, but I knew I had to leave the pressure off now that I had the answers. He's right.

A smile formed on his lips,

Natasha came in and found us, she was panting. She paused seeing Steve with me, then she snapped back, "Outside, now. Let's finish this." 

Another explosion was heard outside the building and I turned to Steve, he looked back. I sneered, "Come on, Cap. We've got a city to save." I said, and he smirked, picking his shield up. 

"Let's go together, Partner." He winked, making Natasha groan. 

"Oh my god, you both. Enough romantic cheesiness, let's go-go-go!" She says, running off. I laughed as we both ran out after.

I guess we were back. And this time, as partners. Again. 

Just like the old times.