Chapter Ten.

I thought to myself, What if this is the only time that I could at least tell him, so I could finally take he pressure off both of us?

I came back and opened the door, seeing him standing next to the window. He glanced at me, he must be wondering why I came back.

"I thought, that I should end this, in my head. So you wouldn't get the wrong idea." I paused, "I avoided you cause I thought I was falling for you."

I feel so vulnerable. But telling him all this feels right.

I sighed and avoided eye contact, I'd be embarrassed if I see him reject me, "Yeah, that's right. I avoided you cause of what I felt around you. This might not be new for you, 'cause almost everyone would like to be with a guy like you. You're a nice person, Steve. Don't get me wrong but I only did that 'cause I wanted to focus on working with the whole team.. I thought they would not look at you the same way they did.."

He wanted to speak, but I continued, "Steve, you're a leader.. and I can't get in your way with these stupid 'feelings' I keep hiding. But at least, I told you about it.. You would stop thinking about me.. not liking you around the group. Cause I do."

I stopped for a moment as I opened the door,  "I'm sorry."

I left as soon as I could, tearing up. I head to my room quickly, hoping no one would see me like this. A good agent of SHIELD does not cry about these stupid things. I am here for the job and for the country. Not for figuring out these stupid feelings from another member.

Fury would not like this.

I clamber inside my room then locked all the doors. Made sure no one would hear me. I just cried there on the corner. This image I've been putting up slowly crumbled and finally showed up. I let all my guard down, reminding myself that I can. I'm alone. I can cry if I want to.

I know I would feel better after this.

I heard a knock on the door.

"Dawn.." It's Steve.

I was sobbing quietly, covering my mouth. I kept quiet trying not to start anything.. But I just can't take it. I hate this feeling. I've never felt embarrassed and stupid in my whole life.

He's actually the first man I looked up to since I was 18.

What am I even thinking. He deserves better than me. I cant believe I confessed to him and made myself look stupid. I even offended him in some way.

"Steve, please. Don't start." I tried to speak, as clear as I can. I did not sound like I was crying. I'm really good with tricking, but I can't trick him. Everything I told him was real.

"I need to talk to you. Wipe those tears off, Priscilla."

What? How did he know I was crying?! I spoke clear. I sobbed quietly. Without making any sound, and he knew. This guy is just simply clever.

"Not now, Steve."

I heard him sigh, "Come on, Dawn."

I wiped the tears off, and quickly opened the door. "For goodness sake, Steve. I told you not now."

He just stared at me. His eyes looked like he was about to tear up.

Everything just changed around me. The hallway was quiet and empty.

"Just forget about what I said."

"How can I?" He asked then slowly reached for my hand.

"You can." I stopped to sigh, "'Cause I did not ask you to remember it, I just did that to shut you up."

"You think I'm gonna believe that? You just told me everything." He said softly, trying to calm me down. He let out a light laugh.

I couldn't help it. His smile is contagious, making me smile back.

He was reaching for my lips.. I don't know what to do. I've never done anything like this before. I just stared at him, as he leaned in.

I heard a loud thud on the door, it was Tony from the end of the room. We both started to move away and look away.

I glanced at Tony, holding a glass of scotch.

"Hey." Steve awkwardly waved his hand a bit.

"You guys seen a guy with pretzel? I asked for a pretzel and it hasn't come yet." We both shook our heads. He shrugged, "Alright." Tony walked back in his room again.

Steve and I both chuckled, "I--I should get back." I sigh, "And you have to rest."

"Good night." I smirked, stepping inside my room.

"We have a lot to do tomorrow." He stepped away from the door, "Goodnight." He gave me one last smile

"Okay." Of course. We have a job to do.

I gently closed the door and leaned against the door. I finally let out a sigh after trying to hold my breath. At least that made me feel a bit better, I guess? That was close.

I stepped away from the door, and I heard a knock.

This must be Tony, trying to gather some gossip around the Hellicarier. 

I opened the door, and I couldn't move so sudden. It was Steve, and he reached for my lips and kissed me deeply. I freeze.

He just kissed me. His hands are cupping my face. Slowly, I close my eyes and gently kiss back. After planting one last kiss, he slowly moved away.

"Good night." He nervously puckered his lips, sheepishly rubbed his nape, then walked off.

I stare at him leaving and hear the door close behind me.

WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED.