Chapter Nineteen

Heeve sat on a steel chair, looking down on his hands that were cuffed together. He was sweating, and he did not look good. His heavy breathing caught Steve's attention. He was leaning on the cold brick wall beside Heeve who was sitting at the middle of the room. 

"What else do you want, Captain?" Heeve asked, softly. 

Steve crossed his arms and said, "I want to know where your men are. You could not possibly rob 15 banks and get away from it clearly." 

"I gave every information to you! I have nothing more to say!" 

"A man who could still breathe and smile wickedly, obviously has a plan for revenge. Trust me, I'm sure of it." Steve argues with Heeve with a tone of voice, but Heeve just smirked at him. 

"If you tell us now, you'll be free to go and back into your happy place filled with chains." 

"Your girlfriend almost killed me, she could've done it and you wouldn't have to worry about this stupid information. You must be watching too many movies, Cap." Heeve says looking straight at him, 

"You do know that we don't kill, we'll probably do it if we're forced to or when in need." 

"I could have killed her first! and yet I didn't. Why? Because I gave up. You're a smart one, you do know that I won't do anything else at this point. Even if I could have killed her cause I'm still going to jail, well I didn't. Because I told you, I gave up. Im out of plans." 

Steve paused, studying Heeve's movement. 

"But you would," Steve said once more, "An evil man like you? Sure you can." 

"What are you trying to say?" 

"Let's not play innocent games here-" Steve spoke, when Heeve suddenly stands up and pins Steve on the hard wall, using his arm cuffed up with chains. Heeve whispered at Steve, trying to threaten him, 

"You listen well, spangly fool! Yes, I can kill your pretty girl over there, and torture her to death. But I didn't, do not worry romeo? I will come back for you two! I will both kill you. But your girl will be my first pick, and I'll let you see the way I stab her multiple times and slaughter her in front of you. Mark my word, Captain America-" 

The men in black suits cut Heeve off by pulling him away from Steve who was speechless, and shocked with the vengeful man's words. But he did not stop, "You will lose hope, I say! I will kill you!" He continued, as they pulled him out. 

Dawn ran inside the room, trying to comfort Steve, also startled. 

"Are you okay?" She asked him, but Steve stared at her. 

He copped her face, "I'll be here with you, no matter what. You understand me?" Steve swears as he hugged her tight in his arms. Steve could tell that she was worrying about the madman's words. 

"Let him be, you'll be okay." Steve said once more, 

And dawn just nodded, closing her eyes and hugging Steve back tight. 

"Don't be scared."