Chapter Twenty-One.

It's been a month, and I have not seen Steve. But I haven't forgotten my obligation as a hero in town, I still am doing my job. Everyday, in the Avengers Initiative, when a meeting comes in, A chair sits empty in the room. I always glance on that seat, wondering when he'll come back for us.

He took this personally, and its not only affecting the group, but also me. This is what Fury hath told him, that we should've not taken this personally. All the drama and melancholy. But how can I even stop myself? I love Steve. I cannot just let him go.

"Where did he go?" Natasha stood still, crossing her arms beside me as I was looking out the window.

I just let out a sigh, rubbing my arm and looking out the tall glass window in front of me. Then I looked down on my feet, trying to not let fear and anger raise up from me. "I-I don't know, Tasha." I glanced at her and smirked. Natasha sighed looking back, feeling bad for me. I'm sure that she doesn't know what to say at times like these. 

"Dawn.." She finally spoke, reaching for my hand.

I interrupted her and looked away, "No, Fury was right. We shouldn't have done this. This-is really stupid. I mean-"

She bit her lower lip, watching me as I fight off the sadness I felt.

"-We're here because, we're supposed to be brave for the people. Fight for them, and to be strong enough for those in need. I wasn't supposed to.." I slid my fingers through my hair, breathing deeply, "...fall for him." I looked down.

Natasha did not say anything, she stared at me with wet eyes. She came towards me, wrapping her arms around my back.

"I'm so stupid." I repeated, shaking my head in disbelief.

I stopped myself from sobbing. Natasha rubbed my arm, trying to make me feel better. "It was not your fault-"

"-Of course it was.."

Natasha held a tight grip on my hand, "-No it wasn't. Even if we knew that there was gonna be a cute kind of love in this ship, we still never thought that you both were going to fall intimately."

I chuckled as I glanced on Natasha, "Seriously?"

"Yeah, well. You both have something special. Who knows?" She added, "This might be fate."

"Yeah, but I guess it wasn't meant to last long." I replied, looking away.

Natasha loosened her grip, "You know what?"

I glanced back at her. 

"I have a feeling, that he'll come back for you." She smiled at me, "I'm not really this kind of woman who- says these kind of things but... I know that he'll come back for you. For all of us, and the Avengers. He's the Captain of this ship, he won't just leave."

"He said he was coming back-"

"And?" Natasha paused,

I sighed looking at her, "But it's fear that gets me. I'm scared that- he'll want to forget what we- have. All this."

A blank face was seen on Tasha's face.

"He said he was going to fix all this. What if that 'fix' he was talking about... meant that we should stop all this."

"Dawn, you can't just stop love and it's ways."

I paused, and stared at Tasha. I smirked, and narrowed my eyebrows on her. "Tasha? Since when did you get all cheesy?"

She laughed, "This is your fault."

I chuckled, "Mm-hmm?"