Chapter Eight.

I was looking at the mirror, thinking hard about what happened earlier. Try to trick the actual God of mischief. Well, he did say he almost fell for it..but he knew that we were planning for it.

I'm just pissed that everything went wrong. I almost got killed by one hit. I would not like that title on my grave. I have to at least die with a more honorable title.

Steve broke the silence when he opened my room door. I quickly glanced, wondering what he's doing here.

"Oh.. I'm sorry, I should've knocked.." He said, about to leave but I stopped him, "No It's okay, Cap." I chuckled softly.

"Come in." I smiled, sitting on my chair. "You shouldn't be calling me 'Cap' anymore."

"Why not?" I asked while he sits on my bed, facing me. "Cause you should just call me Steve."

"But I like calling you Cap." I smirk, "It sounds so cool."

He nodded then crossed his arms. "Alright, then." He chuckled. Somehow I like the sound of it.

"I feel like a failure after what happened, Cap." I suddenly looked down frowning. He sighed, "Its nothing to worry about, Dawn." He paused, "Look at me."

I glanced at him.

"The mission might have failed, but you didn't. Come on, nothing's wrong with that."

"I just--I failed again. For the first try. I--"

He quickly says, "You're nervous, weren't you?"

I paused, looking at him. "Yeah." I nodded, "I was. I don't think I can do this."

"Hey, Dawn. It's just the beggining. You're good with this. I know you are." He paused, "You're gonna get him back."

We looked at each other.

"You're just saying that to make me feel better." I smiled, "That's nice." I laughed lively, "Come on, let's go back with them."

"Wait--I thought you're all--" He shot me a confused look,

"Nah, I just thought I'd prove to myself that you're the nicest in the group." I chuckled, opening the door. "Thanks for being so nice." I grinned,

He stood up in front of me, "You were acting?"

I nodded, trying to not laugh. "Yeah.. You're just so -nice. Tell me,why are you so nice to people?"

He kept a straight face, "I'm nice to people, but nicer to you."

I smirk, trying to hide the grin.

"That's- that's a good one. Let's just go.." I turn, and walked out of the hallway. He closes the door and follows me.

While he tried to catch up with me, I was thinking to myself, making faces. Then he started walking beside me.

"Dawn." He stopped walking, I did too.

"What?"

He stares at me, "Never mind." He starts walking again,

"What is it?" I ask him.

"Nothing... you almost fooled me earlier." He chuckles,

"Yeah, and your joke was funny."

We kept silent across the Hallway.

   Okay, I should've not just laughed at him like that. But I need to focus on my job, not- this. I know nothing else is happening. I should not assume. Whatever he says, I shouldn't be thinking about it too much.

   We reached the lounge and I sat on one of the chairs, I turned, not facing Steve. I guess I should start avoiding him. The rest of the team are thinking that there's something going on between us. Well I guess I have to prove them wrong. I need to be serious.

"What's gonna happen now? We can't just get him stuck in that container." I say.

Fury enters the room.

"We're getting Thor to bring him back in Asgard." Fury says.

"Again? You need to get him surrounded this time." Natasha replies,

"Yeah, He's getting stronger." Tony agrees.

I just listened to them, discussing how they would bring Loki back in Asgard without anything to worry about. But, I could not help- glancing at Steve.

I took quick glances, and tried to look back at Nick without him noticing. But when Steve started talking, I took my chance to stare at him. Without the fear of Steve asking why I'm staring at him for too long.

I am an awful person, I can't believe I'm really gonna avoid him.

Lunch, everyone was back in their rooms, trying to be ready for anything. Some are resting, while some are around the computer screens.

I'm just standing near a big open window, with my arms crossed. I heard a door open, hoping it wasn't Steve. I turned, noticing that it was just one of the agents, heading to another room.

He smiled at me, and I had a quick grin back at him. Unsure of what I feel, I looked back at the view and let out a sigh.