Chapter Three.

[Dawn's POV]

I remove my gloves then face the mirror. As I gaze at my reflection, Steve passes by. But before he completely disappears, our eyes meet.  He completely stops in his tracks.

"Cap?" I hear myself mutter, turning around.

He stands outside, "Hey, you, uh, busy?"

"Well, not really. Why?" I place my gloves on sink counter.

He looks down, then his eyes looks back at me. "I was thinking maybe you had time to talk?"

I step closer to him, "Sure." I lean against the wall, and cross my arms.

"I was thinking about your back story. I was just curious--"

"You're always curious." I cut him off and chuckle.

He smiles, then he continues, "Yes.. and how old are you?" He asks me. "I'm sorry for the very irrelevant question."

"No, It's okay." I tell him, "I'm 23, Why?"

"A young woman like you, what came across your mind and join this team?"

I sigh and pause.

We stand next to the huge glass window of the main room.  I turn and make sure my voice is not heard by any other agent around the area. I stand beside him and look out the window. "I had no choice, Cap." I sigh, "This is all I had, and what else sounds better than saving your country?" I turn to him with a grin. He smiles, "Nothing."

"Exactly." I smile back, "Why are you asking me this?"

"I was just making sure that you weren't getting forced, because I could just call you out. So you won't have to worry being forced." He says, following my gaze outside.

Impressed, I silently fall in a trance. Is he really this nice to people? I mean, come on, He is the Captain America. The first avenger everyone, or maybe not everyone, look up to.

"Thanks for your concern. That makes you a little more awesome than everyone, you know that?"

He chuckles at my compliment, "Thank you, and you're pretty much awesome yourself." He faces me, "You're good at almost everything. You're skilled." He nods once.

"Thanks, I had to do it. I swore to my parents that I'll prove to them that I can at least do something right." I chuckle softly and look down, avoiding to see his reaction. "You see, they expected too much from me since I was a kid. But I never got that chance to prove myself when they were still alive." I sigh, "But that won't stop me. I know they're watching. And I'm prove it not only to them but to me. Soon," I look at him.

He grins sweetly, "I'm pretty sure that it'll be sooner."

We both look at each other, giving out looks like we understood each other completely. Before I could say anything, I see Tony walk in.

"Alright, love birds." Tony says, "Or about-to-be-bestfriends." He adds, "Fury calls for a meeting." He says still standing on the platform.

I look away, trying to not be offended with Tony's childish remark. I glance back at Steve again to nod, gesturing that we should go. We follow Tony and settle ourselves at the desk.

"Alright. Some of our men thought that they found a threat near New York."

"New York.." I whisper to myself. 

And Nick continued, "You all heading to the 5th Street to look at it. You know the drill. Whatever unfamiliar threat, make the call and take it out." He turns away.

"What- that's it?" I say. They all glance at me.

"With all do respect, that is not enough information, Sir. You do not know what is out there? And yet you're sending us?" I add,

I hear Tony behind me curse, "Newbie."

"Isn't that why we're all here, Kiddo?" Tony says, "We go there to check it out. We take it out and we go back at the base to make the plan how to completely finish it." He stands up, "Sounds okay to me-" he says.

I look back at Nick, "I want you all to find out what it is." Nick repeats himself. "And if you can't even do that simple thing, I suggest you get your head straight, or just take a quick break for a while."

Fury glares at me. I scoff, "I don't need a break."

"Then you better get going."

"Think of it as a test." Bruce whispers as he walks past me, "It'll be easy."

"Sounds easy. But that's not what I'm worried about, we should not go there all at once. What if it's a trap?" I tell them,

They all pause looking at me.

"You're a clever one. But it's not how it works around here." Nick inquires. I disagree, "We always come in packs, They're going to-"

"Tony, Hawkeye and Bruce go first. Then You, Nat and Cap go ahead." He adds, "Thor, you come with me." he says leaving the room.

"Fine. Let's go." I say with a heavy sigh, following Natasha out.