Rapprochement

A while after Kiri awoke you took a small nap with Tuk as you had all been up throughout the night tending to Kiri. It was Tuk who laid her eyes to rest first. She had her head resting on your shoulder with your arm around her. Mr. Sully had offered to take her but you quite enjoyed Tuk's calming presence. And after basking in it for a few more minutes you were out just as fast. It was only a few hours but it was some of the best sleep you had gotten in a while and when you awoke the entire Sully family was still in the Marui.

You saw Kiri in the corner covered by her shawl, she was repairing a broken top of hers. Her mother was close by doing her best to give her daughter space but to also keep an eye on her. The same could be said with Mr. Sully, however, he was less inconspicuous as he sat closer and stared at her. Waiting for her to say something. When your eyes adjusted more to the light you took another look around. There was Lo'ak and Neteyam cleaning the home, though it wasn't very dirty, just unkempt. It was bound to happen with seven people living in one Marui. You turned back to Tuk who was still asleep on your arm, you thought you had only taken a short nap but where the sun was placed you realized you had spent the night sleeping with Tuk. You slipped your arm further around Tuk and lifted her softly. Stepping away from the spot before you gently laid Tuk in her hammock.

Seeing a clutter of items close by you decided to be of use and help. You didn't see the Avatar known as Norm or the human Max anymore, you figured they had left as there was no trace of their technology. Except for the mess it had made, items had to be shoved aside in a hurry due to everyone's worry for Kiri. You looked again at the worried parents trying to support their daughter. Kiri certainly didn't seem to be in a good mood, she hadn't been since she had awoken. You wanted to help but with her parents hovering over her you figured it wasn't the right time. So you continued and picked up a gourd, confused as to how it even ended up on the floor. You were about to tie it back up where it was normally suspended only to find a hole in the bottom and its contents emptied. Not knowing what to do with the gourd you turn to look for advice or guidance. You saw Lo'ak further from his family in the corner and decided to ask him. "Pst," you kept your voice quiet so as to not disturb the peace. "What do I do with this?" You displayed the hole in the gourd for him to see and he looked as bored as he normally does. "I don't know, ask Neteyam." Giving a huff and furrowing your brows you looked to Lo'ak knowing he knew what to do. He was just acting as if he didn't.

He just shrugged and turned back to his work. You stayed glaring at him for a few moments, squinting more when he noticed you hadn't moved. You kept your stance as to not back off, he indulged you. "Fine, give it. I'll take care of it." You handed him the gourd as he set down what he had been tending to before. When he set off you followed, he had noticed you going after him and he looked to you confused. "Why are you following me?" Your ears fluttered forward. "I want to know what to do when this happens again." He shrugged again and shook his head as he slowed down slightly to let you catch up. You skipped a step to end up right next to him, having him still lead the way. You turned back to see the Marui shrinking in size and it disappeared as you turned the coroner. You quickly whipped your head back to Lo'ak.

"So," He turned his head to meet yours, his attention engaged. "You and Tsireya huh?" Your cheeky smile and his rising blush was enough to get him to shy away from your gaze. "Stop joking." He gave your arm a light shove as you chuckled. "You're blushing.~" You heard a grumble. "No I'm not." Lo'ak's hand made it up to his face to shield any more of his blush from you. You giggled, shaking your head in the process. "Sure, sure. You know your ears are blushing too." His shoulders jolted up, as did his other hand to cover his ear. Your hand flung up to cover your mouth from laughing. "Oh yea, and what about you and Neteyam." Taken aback for a moment you didn't say anything. "Me and your brother?" You scoffed in disbelief. "What about us?" Even though you were acting as if you weren't embarrassed you were fighting off that hot sensation from rising to your face. Lo'ak just chuckled at you. "Look who's in the hot seat now." You rolled your eyes, still fighting off any blush rising up. "Whatever, there's nothing between us." You started walking faster making sure he couldn't see your face. Whether you didn't want to see you blushing or your disappointed face. Why you felt hurt by your own words you couldn't tell. "Really?" He wasn't able to see your face still so you nodded in response. "Huh."