Betrothed Recognised

You were almost to the bottom of the hill when you felt a hand wrap around your arm, you tried looking back only to trip on something and go flying down the steepest part. "Ugh!" Was the first of many grunts heard as when you first started to tumble he went right down with you. Causing both your limbs to tangle when falling further down the hill. "Ow!" You could feel every fallen sticks pinching your skin when your weight shifts in circles. And the rocks that stung your spine when you fell wrong. You could feel your hair knotting and Neteyam trying to get you both to stop plummeting down. Although him having a tight hold on you didn't seem to help as your momentum had carried throughout the fall.

     When you finally stopped you were half out of the woods with your back slamming onto the sand with brute force. Neteyam landed right next to you, his face planting into the sand as your legs were tangled in each other and before he could lift his face you were laughing hysterically. When he did show his face it only made you laugh harder seeing all the bits of sand clinging to his face. As he spit sand out of his mouth his lips curved up and he started chuckling with you. You got lost in laughing at the unfortunate event so much you didn't care how many scratches you had obtained and just had your head held back to the sand. The sun was fleeting faster as Eclipse had set over.

     Neteyam started moving closer and you could see the sand falling off his face grain by grain. Giggling in fits you tried sweeping off the sand from his face and untangling your legs. "Thanks, Tanhì." His weight in your hand was still felt in your fleeting touches. And your laughs subsided as you gave him a quick peck on the forehead, right in the middle of those stars that were becoming visible due to the Eclipse. A big gasp was heard then that made you flinch away from him. "Kiri was right!?" And then screaming was heard full of delight "Tuk?" Neteyam's head whipped around fast as Tuk came rushing forward. "You are courting Neteyam!" She was practically squealing as you both had gathered yourselves.

     "Tuk where did you come from?" Tuk leaped into her brother's arms, still ecstatic. "Right? Tell me, tell me, Please!" Tuk looked up to her brother with that pout that you would always give into. "What are you doing here, Tuk?" She pouted harder and her brow markings furrowed at his harsh tone. "And what about you? What are you doing here being all cute and cuddly?" Tuk had let go of her now purple-faced brother to put both her hands on her hips. "So tell me are you both courting?!" You were on the outskirts of this conversation and wondered if you could get away with fleeing. "Tuk..." She batted her lashes and went back to her pout face and you just crumbled. "Yes." You should have bolted when you had the chance. But seeing Tuk's face light up, not just from her expression but her bioluminescent freckles as the sun was gone. "Oh, my God!" It did surprise you hearing Tuk utter her surprise. Out of any Earth terms 'oh my God' and 'Jesus' were two you'd heard come from Mr. Sully many a times. Mostly about Lo'ak.

         "Tuk, why are you here?" She stopped bouncing around and looked at her brother wide-eyed. "Mom and Dad told me to find you, do they even know?" Both of your ears motioned downwards giving Tuk her answer. "Am I the first to know?" You were starting to regret admitting it. "Tuk.." Neteyam kneeled down and looked Tuk in the eye. "Yes you are the first to know and I want to tell Mom and Dad soon so don't go tell Kiri or Lo'ak okay?" She was still giggling and you knew that at least one of you needed to be watching her 24/7 until you did tell Mr. Sully and Neytiri. "Mmmhmmm~" Her arms were swinging with her body. You lightly sighed and tried changing the subject. "Why don't we head to the celebration? That's what you came to get us for right?" Neteyam looked at his sister still trying to see if she would run her mouth once he let go. "Yeah, but it's already begun." You'd heard the sound of a horn as you had been racing down, that must've been the signal.

      "If we hurry we can probably catch up?" You had all been told the celebration would be beyond the reef and to stay close to the group and said group was most likely gone already. "We can try, but I don't know how I feel about trying to catch up with an already gone group," Tuk had been ansty before but now was just looking at you not really caring for the celebration as she had yesterday. "That we would have to go pretty fast to catch up too." You knew what he really meant, he didn't want to take Tuk outside the reef with so little supervision, not to mention the possibility of not finding the group and something happening. "Does that mean we can't go?" It was looking like it, you felt a little bad remembering you said you'd see Ao'nung's Tulkun later. You would have to explain yourself when it came for the second bonfire.