The Past

Flashback

Three years ago, while working for her department y/n was assigned a new partner Jay, as Adam was out working a case in a different state for three months. Her partner was a nice gentleman who was new to the job, so y/n was kind of like training him as well while being the partner. One day they both were on patrol which they were doing often because Jay was still in training. They received a call for gunshots being fired at an abandoned commercial building as part of their routine they took that call and went there. They entered the building, and they never know what happened after. A few hours later they woke up in a different building, y/n's head was hurting like hell as someone hit it hard and they sure did. y/n and jay were abducted and taken to a different place, they had their uniform on but none of the equipment was on them. "Well, hello there, princess..." a voice grabbed her attention, and her eyes followed that voice. Her vision was still blurry, but she can see there were two men standing a little far from her and there was another man on their feet, and he happened to be Jay. They didn't give her any time to process anything, "you will remember this your entire life princess, Happy Suffering." And they shot Jay in his head and his body was laying in front of her lifeless and those men left. She didn't even know what to do at that time, she screamed, she cried, to the point that her tears were now dried out she couldn't even cry anymore. They came back the next day; she was still sitting there in front of Jay's body just staring at it the whole night. There was a storm that night which was going to be the same until the next night. When they came back, they brought two girls with them, probably about 10 years old. Y/N was tied so she was not able to help Jay or the girls now. They tied the girls in front of her and made her watch them as they raped them and then burned the girls alive, all in front of her eyes. She passed out after that when she woke up, she was in the hospital, there were many cops around her, they found her after 3 days. She never talked to anyone for months and never said a word but whenever it used to rain, she used to scream and cry the whole time until it stops because it caused her PTSD from that incident. Since then, she never liked rain or storms because it reminds her of that horrible incident and then she gets nightmares for days.

Flashback Ends

Jungkook and y/n had a great day, and they were exhausted after all of it that they fell asleep in each other's arms. Jungkook turned to her side to hug her but to his surprise y/n was not there. He turned on the light, but he didn't see her there, then he heard the water running in the bathroom, so he thought she was in the bathroom. He decided to wait for her and then go back to sleep. He was waiting but fell asleep, an hour later he woke up but still didn't find her next to him. He got off the bed and walked toward the bathroom, "hey y/n are you still in the bathroom? Are you ok babes?" he asked knocking at the door. The door wasn't locked but he waited for the answer when he didn't get any, he walked in. His heart dropped when he saw her sitting under the running shower and shivering. He ran to her and turned off the shower, she was so cold that her lips were turning blue. "Damnit y/n what the hell?" Jungkook said while hugging her tight. "Get up now..." "The rain...make it stop please, I don't want to hear it, I can't, I will die...make it stop please" he couldn't believe how she was begging him with both of her hands. She hugged him and started to cry in his arms, her cry was so painful even Jungkook's eyes got teary.

He didn't know how he can stop the rain's noise, so he turned on the shower again but moved her away from it. He went and got the bathrobe to cover her because there weren't any extra clothes for them. He helped her change and then put the robe on her, her lips were still blue, and her body was shivering like crazy. He placed his warm lips on her cold ones to comfort her, she didn't do anything, but she didn't stop him either from showing her love. They stayed in the bathroom for a while until the rain stopped, after that he took her in his arms and put her on the bed. He ordered a hot chocolate for her and meanwhile tucked her under the blanket. There were many questions in his mind, but he knew it was not the right time to ask any, so he didn't. The room service came with the hot chocolate, he helped her get up and gave her the milk to drink so it can help her body temperature to go back to normal.

She was still cold to the touch, so Jungkook got in the bed, he took off his shirt and his pants, he was just wearing his boxer. "Y/N don't take me wrong, but you need more heat for your body temperature to rise up can I please..." Jungkook asked softly caressing her cheek. She didn't say anything but nodded to it and that was enough for him to know that she didn't want to talk. She was still in the robe, but he opened the front of it so that her body can get closer to his and can get the heat. After a few minutes, she was better, but she didn't sleep at all that night, nor did Jungkook, because every time he closed his eyes, he saw her blue face under the water. He was blaming himself that he should have checked on her earlier when he woke up, she might have been better. It was almost 4 am when she said the first word, "Jungkook?" "Yes, babe?" Jungkook answered gently brushing his finger through her hair. She got up and tied her robe, "I'm sorry, I ruined this precious night for us...I couldn't help it." "No y/n its ok..." "No, it is not, I need to tell you something. And after that if you don't want me in your life, I will not question it, you have all the rights. I'm not the right person, you deserve someone better than me." And after that she told Jungkook everything about that night, she was sobbing, and Jungkook had tears running down his face too.

After that, they paused, y/n lowered her head to hide her tears. "Y/N" Jungkook said cupping her cheeks, her heart was beating fast, and even though she told him to leave her if he wants to she didn't want him to. She wanted to be with him, she wanted to be Jungkook's. He placed a deep warm kiss on her lips, "never ever say that I don't deserve you. You are mine and I will never leave you y/n, never. And don't you ever say this again? You are not alone anymore, you have me, you want to talk, talk to me, something is bothering you tell me. If you wanna cry my arms will always be open for you, but never ask me to leave you," Jungkook's eyes got teary saying that. She wiped his tears and pecked his lips. Jungkook texted Tae to bring some clothes when he woke up, and he told the boys not to ask y/n too many questions as she was already not feeling well.

They were not able to sleep all night, Tae came in the morning and brought some clothes. "Kookie, can we do breakfast with the hyungs please, I just wanna go home," she asked after changing into a fresh set of clothes. "Yeah sure, I will text Jin Hyung and let him know we will eat breakfast with them," he said while placing a kiss on her forehead. "Babe, you have a fever, your body is burning up." "It's just a fever I will be ok bub don't worry." Jungkook did not give her a chance and picked her up and went to his car. He called Yoongi on his way back home, "hey hyung, y/n has a fever and her body is burning hot can you make the herbal tea that you always make for us, we will be home soon." Yoongi said OK and hung up the call. "Jungkook drive slow bub it's just a fever I am not dying," y/n chuckled after saying that, but Jungkook didn't like that, and he gave her a death stare before driving even faster. They got home and Jin brought breakfast to Jungkook's room, but y/n asked if all the boys can come in the room so they all can eat together because Jungkook was not going to let her get off the bed. She was glad to be home, the chaotic people that she loves so much were with her now, Jungkook was with her now, seems like she got all the happiness in the world. The next few nights were hard on her as she was having night terrors, but she was also relieved that she was not alone. Jungkook made sure that he gets home from the office before bedtime so he can be with her when it was time to sleep and in the morning Jimin and Tae made sure that she was not alone, so they kept her occupied with games and sometimes taking her out to grab some food and some time to get shopping done.