•FOUR•

Newt lets out a shaky breath, "I-I'm sorry."

The omega doesn't even realize that he apologized. The scent is just washing over him and his inner wolf is loving it. The earthy mint fills his lungs and goes straight to his brain.

"Why are you sorry?" Thomas shoves him harder, clearly not satisfied with just a sorry. Newt opens his mouth to speak but nothing comes out.

His mind is too foggy due to the smell. What is happening? He thinks to himself. Thomas' scent has never been so strong and it's never smelt so fucking good.

"Newt," he warns, tightening his grip on Newt's jacket collar.

Newt tries snapping out of the strange trance, but it doesn't work. "I'm sorry I hit you and talked back," he apologizes again, but in more detail.

Thomas stands there, shocked and just as confused as Newt. His grip loosens and he backs away a little, looking at Newt up and down, smirking. He can't help but let his tail wag slightly.

Newt's inner wolf finally caved in and he's submitting. Newt's head is ducked, his white wolf ears flatten against his head and his tail is tucked between his legs like a frightened puppy.

It's an odd sight, but Thomas couldn't be more pleased with himself and Newt. The omega has never shown submission like this. Why would he now?

Catching his breath, Newt starts to come back to his senses, realizing what just happened. "Do that again and you won't be so lucky," with that, Thomas let's go of Newt and storms off.

The omega stands there and let's out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He looks down and blushes when he sees his tail between his legs. He curses at himself before stumbling off and making his way home.

The walk home was filled with fear, confusion and weird tingly feeling in his gut that he can't seem to shake off. Newt doesn't even notice his irises flicking between pink and brown. As soon as he gets home, he slams the door shut, shrugs his backpack off and heads straight to the bathroom.

Newt closes the door and locks it before turning to the mirror and placing his hands on the sink counter. He looks at his frame, anger building up inside of him.

Stupid weak omega, letting an alpha control you like that, he lets out a growl and starts the shower, wanting to get rid of Thomas' scent that's crawling over every inch of his body. He strips off all his clothes, already feeling less encased in the smell. He steps into the shower, his ears flatten against his fluffy blond hair to make sure no water gets in them.

He almost lets out a purr as the warmth runs over his bare body and down his tail, washing the scent away. The water calms his nerves and the gut feeling soon goes away, replacing it with a relieved feeling. He washes over his body, scrubbing every inch of it before washing his hair. He does the whole process twice, making sure he can't smell that alpha anymore.

After he's done, he turns off the water and rings out his tail best he can without hurting it. He steps out and and starts drying off his body. He runs a hand through his wet hair, pushing it back. Newt then wraps the towel around his waist, letting it hang loosely.

Knock knock knock

"Newt? Newt honey? Are you okay in there?" His thoughts get cut off by his mother knocking on the door and calling his name.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he says tiredly while resting his elbows on the counter and putting his head in his hands.

"Are you su-"

"I'm fine mom!" He snaps at her.

She goes quiet but Newt could still smell her sweet scent from behind the door. He sighs heavily and stands up straight, looking at himself in the mirror. Old bruises cover his torso, some looking dark while other looking light.

"I'm sorry mom," he apologizes, feeling bad that he snapped at his mother. He hears her lean against the door.

"Bad day at school?" She asks softly, being gentle with Newt and not wanting to scold him for snapping.

Newt's always been a sweetheart to his mother, but it's not uncommon to get the silent treatment or a snap from the young omega when he has a bad day. Newt just can't control his anger and his mother understands that.

The only problem is, she doesn't know what's going on at school. Newt's secretive like that with her. He doesn't tell her about all the harsh words, about the cuts and the bruises. He just leaves it, not wanting to worry her. Plus, even if he did tell her, she would report it to the office but they'd never be on her side.

She's a beta without a pack, that basically makes her an omega to others. Mrs. Paige would never side with her and Newt. It would be a total waste of time.

"Something like that," his fingers trail over the bruises, his eyes locking on his body. Newt really got lucky today. Usually Thomas would beat him for talking back, but today Newt hit him and basically left without a scratch.

Yeah his head and back hurt a bit from being pinned against a brick wall, but Newt rather deal with that than getting beat up.

"You wanna talk about it?" She offers, hoping Newt will finally break down and open up to her.

"No mom, it's okay," he tears his eyes away from his reflection and sits on the edge of his bathtub, waiting for her to leave.

There's a pause before she speaks. "Okay Newt... well, I'll be making supper if you need me," he could hear the frown in her voice. Newt swells up with guilt, feeling bad for not telling his mom what's going on.

He just shakes it off and hears her walk away. Tightening the towel around his waist again, he leaves the bathroom and heads for his bedroom.

He changes into black and red plaid pyjama pants with a black shirt and lays down on his bed, staring up at the ceiling.

Why didn't Thomas hurt him?

Why did he submit to Thomas? He never has before and wasn't even planning on doing it.

Millions of questions fill the omegas head. He really wishes he had a friend to talk to about his problems.

But for now, he remains a lonely omega.