•Thirty-Seven•

As of right now, he's just going to have to make it through lunch with all of Teresa's glares and stares.

Newt and Thomas approach the pack at their table. Newt knows there are many other pack mates that are out having lunch somewhere else, but there's still a fair amount sitting at the table.

As they arrive at the table, they all stand up, out of respect for Newt. Teresa is the last one to stand, Newt could practically smell her rage. Thomas casually sits down, as if this is an everyday thing for him. Everyone ducks their heads at Newt and the omega sits down, causing everyone else to sit.

He looks at Thomas, hoping for some sort of reassurance or introduction. Anything to break the awkward silence. The pack stares him down, looking over Newt's features, smelling how his scent now mixes with their alphas. Even the other packs are looking over at the Maze Runner pack.

"Well, this is Newt," Thomas says awkwardly. Even the big bad alpha is feeling overwhelmed at this moment. He knows many of his pack members have mixed feelings.

The pack doesn't say anything, they just stare wide eyed at Thomas and Newt, as if they were the packs mom and dad.

Thomas clears his throat and starts introducing his pack members.

"This is Frypan, Brenda, Aris and Winston," he introduces them one by one. "And you've already met Minho and Teresa..." Thomas trails off, trying to hold back a chuckle as he remembers Teresa whining to him about his mate.

He'll have to keep her in line for sure.

Newt turns to look at the two familiar faces. Minho gives him a welcoming smile while Teresa has a stare down with Newt. The omega holds back a growl.

Thomas notices the glaring coming from the beta, causing him to let out a warning growl. Teresa looks away and crosses her arms over her chest. Thomas just rolls his eyes out of annoyance.

"There is plenty more of us, I just allow them to go out for lunch," Thomas says while gesturing to everyone.

Newt just nods his head. He feels so dumb, his mind is blank and he can't find the words to say right now.

Luckily, Minho speaks up.

"We're really excited to have you here," his tail wags happily behind him. "Thomas has been obsessed with you for-" the alpha is quick to nudge Minho hard, causing him to groan.

Newt giggles and his cheeks go red. Thomas was telling the truth.

Minho clenches his side and looks at Newt with a pained expression. "This guys been needing a mate," Minho continues. "Wolves always throw themselves at him but he declines. You're a lucky little omega," Minho means no harm by referring to Newt as an omega. He also side eyes Teresa, who just rolls her eyes again, catching his shade.

"Quiet, Minho," Thomas growls out, embarrassed. Newt finds himself giggling at how tough Thomas likes to appear, but when it comes to talk about his feelings towards Newt, he gets all shy and flustered.

They spend the rest of the lunch talking. Newt doesn't share much about himself, he mostly listens to the pack talk and share stories. He gets to know them rather than them getting to know him, but he doesn't mind. The whole lunch, Thomas would occasionally rub Newt's back, wanting to stay close to him. He would press his thigh and knee against Newt's, searching for some sort of touch.

The group all head off to their next class and it's not long till the last period.

Once again, Newt finds himself standing outside the familiar classroom door for history. Last time he was in this class, him and Thomas didn't get along.