•EIGHT•

"He fought Alby because he felt bad for you Newt."

Newt stares at her in disbelief. He tilts his head to the side and just like a confused puppy, let's one ear flop down while the other stands tall.

Thomas? Fight? Why would he want to defend Newt? All he's done is make Newt's life a living hell and degrade the shit out of him.

"What do you mean?" Newt asks, leaning closer to her, wanting further explanation. Teresa rolls her eyes at him, not understanding how Newt hasn't gotten the point yet.

"You sure ask a lot of question," she grumbles while copying notes off the board.

Newt lets out a small growl and his ears lower defensively. She just ignores the actions and continues writing.

"I don't know why, but Thomas felt bad for your sorry ass," she says with jealously seething through her teeth.

Teresa always feels like she needs to be the centre of attention, especially with Thomas. Meanwhile Newt thinks it's absolutely hilarious that she's jealous over Thomas bullying him. Though he does get why Teresa would be so interested in the knucklehead. He's everything a beta wants. He's strong, fast and incredibly good looking. He doesn't take shit from anybody.

While Teresa loves him for those reasons, Newt hates him for them.

Thomas is rude, cocky and basic. His whole personality is being better than everyone else. Who would want to be around that? Being around hormonal teenage werewolves is hard enough.

"I don't think anyone is going to go after you. At least for awhile now," she adds. Her tail flicks up and down as she grows annoyed.

Newt just sits there, still in disbelief. At this point he's stopped taking notes and all he can do is think, think about why and how, why this beta is telling him this and how Thomas is supposedly going to protect him from others?

"Makes no bloody sense," Newt speaks with his voice just above a whisper.

"Yeah, no shit," she growls. As she grows more irritated, the fur on her ears and tail rise.

For the rest of class neither of them say a word to each other. Newt struggles to pay attention. How could he with all this new information? Last period is going to be hella awkward. What is Newt even supposed to say? Thank you?

The bell rings and everybody starts gathering their things to leave. Just as Teresa is about to leave, Newt calls out her name and chases after her at the door.

"What?!" She snaps. Her teeth sharp and eyes dark. Newt looks taken aback by the sudden harshness in her voice and the sudden change in looks.

"Why did you tell me?" He asks, his gaze softening on the beta in front of him.

Teresa looks into his eyes, not even sure herself why she told Newt. "I guess I just thought it would be important for you to know," with that, she turns on her heel and storms away with her furry tail swaying side to side behind her.

Well that was bloody inspiring, Newt thinks to himself. He shakes his head, causing his ears to wobble on his head as he moves. Newt then walks to his second period class and his day goes on.

Throughout classes he was given looks from members of multiple packs, each look different than the other. Alby's pack looked at him with pure disgust and anger, Gally's pack looked at him with shocked eyes and Thomas' pack looked at him with confusion. Even the teachers could feel the tension surrounding Newt. The omega has so much attention.

Lunch rolls around and Newt is standing in line for food. His head whips back when he smells the familiar earthy mint scent. Almost everybody turns to look as well. Newt is quick to turn his attention back on the werewolf standing in front of him. He keeps his head high, pretending like he knows nothing of what happened between Thomas and Alby.

The smell grows stronger as he grows nearer. Newt struggles but manages to keep his focus on the person in front of him. He can feel the alphas eyes burning into the back of his head. Don't be intimidated Newt. Thomas walks by and Newt hears a soft hum... did he let out a purr? Now Thomas has Newt's full attention.

The omega watches as the alpha walks away. His ears are turned back, focusing on Newt's breaths. Minho and a few others follow closely behind him like lost puppies. Newt gets shoved lightly. "Move up," says the person behind him. He looks forewords and sees a gap between him and the other werewolf. He's quick to close it and move up when he's supposed too.

That was weird...

He gets his food and the day continues.

~•~

Newt takes a deep breath before entering his history class. Thomas is already sat in his regular seat, talking to some of his pack mates. The omega walks in, trying to pay no attention to the ignorant alpha. Thomas does the same, but both boys can't help but let their ears turn to one another. Thomas hears each step Newt takes, he hears his heartbeat, his breathing and the swishing sound of his tail hitting his pants as he walks. Newt listens to Thomas' conversation with the others, he listens to him laugh and he hears the thudding of his wagging tail hitting the chair.

Newt pulls out all his stuff. He suddenly feels a hot breath against the back of his neck, causing goosebumps to form on his skin. "You going to let me borrow a pencil today limpy?" He asks, his voice low and incredibly hot. His smell slowly starts engulfing Newt.

"No Thomas," he growls softly as he flips through pages of notes. Newt doesn't even bother looking back at Thomas, he already knows the alpha has a stupid grin on his face.

Thomas chuckles and sits back in his chair, watching the omega in front of him.

____________________________

A/N sorry this chapter was shorter than the others! I usually write between 1100 and up... but this chapter was just a few over 1000 words! Next chapters should be longer (:

Also don't know if you noticed, but I was originally spelling Teresa with an H, so I went back and fixed that in my previous chapter and this one.

Thank you for reading!

-Milo, xoxo