• chapter 1 •

( REMINDER - THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN ATLEAST A FEW MONTHS AFTER THEY CAME TO THE CLAN ) TIME : 10:59 AM

Neteyam woke up with a hand wrapped around his hips. He got up.
"Good morning, Aonung." Aonung woke up, and smiled at Neteyam.
"Good morning. Are you feeling better?"
"Yeah, thank you for comforting me last night, i appreciate it."
"No problem." He smiles at him, his ears twitching, signifying comfort. Lo'ak clears his throat.
"Uh, let's go Yam."
"I've got to go. I'll see you later." He gets up, still a bit limp from his swollen foot, and walks with Lo'ak. Lo'ak laughs.
"Bro, what was that."
"I don't know. He's just different. Maybe Aonung wants to be friends."
"Lucky you, he hates me." Tsireya calls out to Lo'ak, wanting to swim.
"I'll see you later, Lover Boy."
"Shut up, skwang!," Neteyam said, angrily. He felt someone tap his shoulder. He got startled, since he was screaming at his brother at the time. Could it have been his dad. His mom? He fell down, in shock. It was Aonung. He catched him.
"Hey, Neteyam."
"Hey Aon-" Neteyam said, when he was interrupted.
"Aonung, what are you doing with this freak?," his friends asked, laughing. He turned around. Neteyam walked away while he didn't notice.
Fuck that, i'm out.
He walked away. Neteyam then had an idea. He called to his ikran, who could still hear him, as he was allowed to rest near their den if wanted. The ikran came. Neteyam made the bond, and flew. It hurt his foot, but to him, it didn't matter. He flew. Not back to the forest. Hell, if he did that, his dad would skin him. So instead, he flew around the ocean. Looking at the water from upward, wondering where it will take him.

TIME PASSES BY
TIME : 1:34 PM
Neteyam gets down from his ikran. He feels like talking to Aonung, he doesn't know why. Neteyam looks for him. He eventually finds him with Kiri, Lo'ak, and some of his friends. Lo'ak appears to be getting close to Aonung.
"Oh look, it's another 5 fingered freak!"
"Shut your ass up, pinhead!"
"Who the fuck are you calling a pinhead?!" They look as if they were about to fight. Neteyam starts quick-walking to them. His hair swings, making him seem rather dramatic, but he doesn't care. He only cares about his siblings in this moment.
"Back off."
"Oh, here comes big broth-" Aonungs friend says, but gets interrupted by Aonung, pushing his back with the back of his hand.
"Yeah that's right. And from now on, I need you to respect my whole family." He turns around, and walks away.
"Lets go, guys." Kiri does a gesture at Aonung and his friends to signal that they have lost this fight. In the distance, Neteyam could hear Aonung saying,
"See? Their whole family is full of freaks!," laughing. Lo'ak turns around, looking at Aonung with deadly eyes.
"Lo'ak, bro."
"Nah Yam, i got this." He slowly starts walking up to Aonung.
"See this hand?" He plays around with this hand, wiggly his pinky finger.
"Freak right? Well, I can do something pretty cool with it. First i ball it up real tight up into a fist, and then.."
Bang. Aonung falls to the floor.
"And don't you dare touch my sister again!"
Aonung rages, lunging towards Lo'ak, pushing him by his stomach. It is only a matter of time until Neteyam joins the fight. He kicks two guys, and goes on to Aonung. He punches Aonung, over and over again.
"I trusted you!," he says, in a low voice, expecting Aonung not to be able to hear it. But oh, he did.
"And you beat up my fucking siblings!" He gets off of Aonung.
"Fuck you.," Neteyam says. They start pulling eachothers tails. Kiri giggles.

"WHAT WAS THE FIRST RULE I TOLD TOU? HUH?!," Jake says, in rage.
"Not to cause trouble." Neteyam sees that Jake is mostly picking on Lo'ak.
"Dad, I apologize , it was my fault. I started the fight."
"No! You've got to stop taking the hate for this knucklehead!"
"But dad, they were picking on Kiri. They called her a freak." Jakes face softened.
"Go make peace. I don't care how you do it, just make peace." Neteyam walks out too, with his head held low.
"Hey, how do they look?"
"Worst," Neteyam says, with a slight chuckle.
"Good, that's good. Get out of here." Neteyam walks away. He finds a spot where he can be alone.
And he cries.
He cries
and cries.
and cries.
Because he knows,
that he will always be a freak. One that no one will ever love. He knows that he will never go back to the forests where the only person who understands him lives, his grandmother, Mo'at. So he sits there, crying. And it continues, for hours.
Shit, where's Lo'ak? Aonung passes by him, seeing his puffy blue face, stained with tears. He wipes it away.
"Dipshit, where's my brother?"
"I don't know," he says, laughing around with his friends. Neteyam gets up, getting all close to Aonung.
"Don't make me beat your ass again. Where the fuck is my brother." Aonung noticed Neteyams sadness.
Getting close to Aonung like this made Neteyam want to forgive him. Something in those dull eyes and that bright smile made him want to forgive him, but Aonung hated him anyway.
"We took him past the reef.
Shit.
"He should've been back by now!," he says looking at his friends, who are all baffled. Neteyam rages, pulling Aonung by his ear. He goes up to Jake.
"Tell them! Tell them what you told me!"
"We took Lo'ak past the reef, and he hasn't returned."
Hours pass by. The search party still hasn't arrived. Aonung looks for Neteyam, who is crying, again. He finds him again, in a part that he probably would've never found himself, crying his eyes out.
"Neteyam, i'm sorry."
"Fuck you Aonung. I might loose my brother!"
( help this is so dramatic i'm sorry )
"Im sorry." He spreads Neteyams legs apart, leaning in for space for him to hug him. ( not trying to make this inappropriate, by the way)

( not saying the artist is goofy just saying the thought it goofy and ik this is cringe but try to imagine this posture )

Aonung looked him in the eyes.
"I'm sorry'" Aonung said. Neteyam couldn't help it.
"I-.. Its okay." He just seemed so trustable, so nice. He couldn't ever do something like that, not the real Aonung. Neteyam was about to lean in (for a💋)when conch sounds played in his ears again.
"The boy has returned!" Aonung ran to see. Jake scanned Lo'ak. Aonungs expression changed, and Neteyam noticed.
"You were manipulating me! I'm done Aonung, fuck you!"
"He's okay! Just a few scratches, nothing too serious!"
"I pray with the strength of eywa that I do not pluck the eyes out of my youngest son!," says Neytiri, even though she was not fully mad at Lo'ak.
"No. It was my son who led him out the reef," Tonowari said, making Aonung kneel to the ground.
"No, It was my idea. I wanted to go to the reef, Aonung tried to talk me out of it."
Ronal was suprised.
"Son, what were you thinking."
Once they were dismissed, Aonung went up to Lo'ak.
"Why did you lie to defend me ?"
"Because i know what it is like to me a big disappointment."
And Aonung just apologized to Lo'ak.
and kept apologizing,
because he never knew what Lo'ak was going through.
Why is he talking to Aonung, Neteyam thought.He came over to Aonung and Lo'ak. A few minutes had passed by, and he saw that Lo'ak had been tearing up. He hugged Lo'ak, letting his head rest on his chest.
"He's my brother! You stay away from him, Aonung! It's not his time!"
(ik it's the song).
Hours passed by, and Lo'ak was laying down in his marui, hugging his brothers feeling safe in the comfort of his big brothers arms. Aonung walks in. "Can I talk to you for a second, Neteyam?" Neteyam sighs and nods, slightly smiling even when though he shouldn't have been, even though he was hurting.
"Look Neteyam, you don't have to forgive me. All i'm trying to say is that I understand what I did was wrong." He fake smiles, he just did it to cheer up Aonung.
"I appreciate what you did Aonung, apologizing to my brother. It was the right thing to do. Thank you." Aonung smiled at Neteyam.
"But i still don't forgive you for what you did." Aonung sighs.
"Come, follow me." Aonung grabbed Neteyam by the wrist, and led him to the water.
"Just trust me," Aonung said, signaling to swim. He grabbed his hand so Neteyam would know where to go. Soon, Neteyam encountered a underwater cave.  Aonung made signals with his hands.
Once you enter the cave, you can breathe again.
Neteyam, not trusting him, said
Why should i trust you? You tried to kill my brother.
Please, Neteyam. Believe me.
They entered. To Neteyams suprise, it was true, he could breath. Colors surrounded them, and fish swam around them. The seeds of Eywa even appeared, leaving Neteyam confused since he thought those only lived in the forest.
"I come here to think."
"I-it's beautiful," said Neteyam, still amazed by the beauty of the cave. Aonung placed his fingers on Neteyams chin, forcing at him to look at Aonung.
"So really, why were you crying the other day?" Neteyam paused for a second, trying not to let the tears fall from his eyes.
"It's just that, l miss the forest. It's my home," He said, letting down the drops of sadness down his face, not being able to handle it anymore. Neteyam believed that Aonung was going to make fun of him, but instead, he just got closer, hugging him.
"You don't know how it is for me!"
"No one understands me!"
And Neteyam just kept ranting.
But why, why is he ranting to this boy he barely knows? Is it just because he let it all out on him? Or is it because he feels safe? Aonung looked up at Neteyam.
"I'm so sorry Neteyam.. I-" Aonung was interrupted by Neteyam.
He felt his soft, rose lips against his own.. Neteyam realized what he had done.
Shit! Neteyam, your fucking up! This is a boy! As a matter of fact, a boy you barely know! In embarrassment and fear, he swam away before Aonung could even respond to the kiss.
SHIT!

help this is so cringe i'm sorry! i'm just going wherever my mind takes me.

-loverwtoh3k