Chapter 6

When I walked out of the house it felt like weight was lifted off of my shoulders. I looked around I really had nowhere to go I had no dad, family and only one friend. As I started to walk in the direction of nowhere I remembered Jess had gave me her number as I was getting her number out of my pocket I pulled my phone from out my hoodie pocket an it started to ring, already knowing who it was I ignored it thinking to myself "how sick of this shit" I was getting!!!! My phone vibrated indicating a text had come through. I opened it and read "so bitch you ain't learned from the last time about not picking up the phone huh"!!!
I just read the message in closed it back. A couple of minutes passed then another text came through "Hoe I own you and you do know there is nowhere you can go that I won't find you" I just shook my head at how crazy he really is. "Bitch I'll kill your mama if you don't pick up now"!!!!

I kinda got scared knowing he wasn't lying about some of the stuff he was saying in these text messages...but then I thought about it "Fuck that bitch she dead to me anyways". I started to dial Jess number and just as I was pressing the green button Skull clicked in making his call be the call that got through. I heard heavy breathing then he said " Bitch you trying to play me? I know you seen my text and heard me calling" is all I pay attention to before I hung the phone up. I dialed her number again hoping she would answer. On the fourth ring I was about to hung up but she answered sounding like she was sleep.

"Hello" she said
"I didn't mean to callous this late I'll call you tomorrow I guess" as I was about to hung up the phone already kinda feeling bad about calling in the first place.
"Marshay is that you"
"Yeah" I said dryly
"Why you calling so late is everything good with you" she said while sounding like she was stretching.
"I didn't even know it was this late" I said while looking at the time on my phone which read 12:29.
"Well is everything ok" said asked with concern in her voice.
"Kinda but I wanted to know if I could come spend the night at your house tonight.... I lost my keys and my mama wasn't home when I got here in I'm getting sleepy waiting for her to come home" I said hoping she would say yes!!!
"Well it is kinda late but there ain't no way you can get in touch with your mama?" she asked. I was starting to think this was a bad ideal and the wrong call to make but I had no one else to call. I was just about to tell her never mind in hang up but she said "Yes you can come since you will be coming to the party tomorrow anyways plus you can help me pick pick out which outfits I would be wearing for the first part of my party...she laughed!!
"Ok thank you but where do you stay now by the way? I asked really not knowing where she stayed.
"Oh I stay out on Calhoun rd out in Waukesha do you have a way out here" she asked me.
"No but I'll try to find a way out there" I replied back but already knowing I had no way out there. I was feeling defeated thinking about how I was gone to have to go back to that house and face my Michelle.
"Girl Marshay where do you stay?" I looked around looking for any address I could give to her......bingo I thought to myself when I seen this red and yellow house across the street.
"I stay on 41st street" I said
"Well I see my brother hasn't made it home yet and he always be on that side of town so I'll see if he can just come pick you up on his way to the house" she said into the phone.
"Thanks" as I heard her dialing numbers on the another phone
"What's your address" she asked talking into the phone I was on with her.
"4003 N. 41st street" I told her while getting the address off of the house I claimed as mines.
"Ok" she repeated the address into the other phone then hung it up "my brother said he'll be on his way ok".
"Thank you so much I really appreciate you and him doing this for me" I greatly appreciated them for this.
"No problem you are my best friend" she said making me smile...i never really had a friend until I met her.
"Well thank you homegirl" I said with a smile still on my face.
"Well I guess I'll see you in a minute or did you want me to stay on the phone with you" she asked.
"Naw I'm fine" I responded but just as we was about to get off the phone said
"My brother is driving a all black Acura TL"
"Ok" I said before ending the call. Just hoping he would hurry up before I end up seeing Skull. My phone started to vibrate in my hand, I looked down to press on the message icon on my phone and when I opened it, it read: