Chapter 12

Jess POV

"What the fuck" I said as I tried to call Marshay again for the twentieth time but yet it goes to voicemail again, plus she missed school today. I'm worried because aint no telling what that Skull dude done did to her. I couldn't imagine going through what she has and still manage to maintain myself and somewhat of a normal life like she do. I tried one more time then I decided tp tell my brother Camron because I know he know somebody who know somebody so he can find that nigga Skull.

"Cam, Cam" I said coming down the stairs.

"Yeah I'm in the kitchen" he responded so I made my way towards his voice. "What's up" he said once I was in his presence.

"You remember my bestfriend Marshay you had picked up that night" I asked trying to jog his memory cause he do smoke a lot.

"Yeah I remember her" he answered.

"Well I think she in a messed up.....well I know she in a messed up situation at home and I been trying to call her all day but she haven't answered not once and I haven't seen her since school yesterday and she missed school today" I said stopping to catch my breath.

"Ok slow lil ugly dude, have a seat and talk to me clearly" he said while having a seat at the table.

"Ok so Marshay mam is on drugs and in the eighth grade she start to change you know act distanced, not happy, missing days of school. So come to find out her mama has been letting this neighborhood drug dealer have sex with Shay to support her habit but he takes it to the extreme and beats on her so bad that it causes her to miss school just to heal and sometimes he shows up at school just to watch and make sure no other boys are talking to her". Camron sat there looking like he was trying to take all this in cause he couldn't believe what I had just said.

"So you mean to tell me ole girl got a mama who pimps her out to men for her drug habit.

"Yes sir" I responded.

"What's the bitch ass nigga name? he aint never tried to hurt you or touch on you have he?" he asked with rage in his eyes and pulling his phone out his pocket.

"His name Skull and no I never been around him like that and I only seen him come to the school once for Marshay" I let him know.

"Aye Joe you know some nigga named Skull?" Cam said putting his phone on speaker. Joe is Cam best friend for as long as I could remember, when you see Cam you gone see Joe and if not he coming.

"I think I heard of some nigga with that name....he be on 47th street slinging but lately he been with some lil crackhead bitch......bruh that bitch use to be bad but she let the crack get the best of her" Joe laughed.

"You said 47th street huh?...well keep a eye out for him, if you see him hit me up" Cam said.

"Yeah and cool I got you foo, love" Joe said.

"Alright, love foo" Cam hung up."Try to call her phone again and see if she pick up".

I picked up my phone and dialed her number but it went straight to the voicemail "FUCK!!!!" I said out loud.

"What's wrong" Cam asked while pouring him some more juice.

"She ain't answer, it's going straight to the voicemail.

"Ok lets go see if she home" he said pulling his keys out of the key bowl on the table.

We pulled up tp Marshay house and it didn't look like nobody was there so I got out to go knock but no one came to the door" Where could you be Shay" I said to myself in a very low tone while trying to look through a window but I couldn't see anything. "Marshay open up" I said as my eyes started to tear up.