Chapter 14

Skull P.O.V

"Shawn get down here" my ma spoke in the intercom, taking my attention away from my game.

"Ok" I answered back into the intercom that's on my wall. I put my controller down and headed out my room door. As I got closer I smelt the bacon and Maple scent in the air so I knew I was about to smash whatever she put in front of me.

"Good morning son" my ma said putting my plate of food in front of me and kissing me on my cheek.

"Good morning ma, where Pops" I said putting a spoonful of grits in my mouth.

"Gone as usual son but eat up" she said trying to sound happy but looking a little disappointed.

My pops was always gone out handling "business" as he say but I didn't mind cause we was living large, we had everything we could want or need, well I did at least. Pops wasn't really at home that much and as a kid I did want to spend time with him but when I would ask he would tell me "It wasn't safe riding around with him" so I would just forget about it but on the other hand my mom was missing what she was use to and that was my pops.

My mom and pops use to spend every minute together but as I got older I started to notice the distance and problem between them. Mom would always complain about pops not being home since he built the house we now live in. She would walk around putting on a smile but would be in her room sobbing cause I hear it some times.

My pops built is a big house out here in Cedarberg and even though it was everything we could ask for it still was out in the middle of nowhere and there wasn't many kids around here so I would always go back to Milwaukee and spend the night at my auntie Kimberly house cause that's where the all the fun happens.

You a run into some real shit over there on 45th and Center nbs. It's times that I done seen chicks giving head in the alley for weed, lil niggas stealing cars and wrapping them around trees, I done been in the middle cross fire and kids dying....I mean it be crazy over here there but I loved it so much, it always felt like I belonged there, plus the moves my pops was making let me further know the life I should be living but pops ain't going at all. I know that's the reason he moved us to another county when his money got real.

"You need help with the dishes ma" I asked as I got up to empty the little scraps that was left on my plate.

"No son, I got it" she said taking the plate from my hand, so I kissed her cheek and headed back upstairs to my room. I went to my walk in closet to get me some clothes out for the weekend cause I plan on spending my weekend at auntie Kim house well that's if my ma let me. I pulled out a blue and black pair of True Religion jeans, one black and red True shirt and my white V-neck Lacoste shirt, I grabbed my black and red AirMax 95s and my all white dookies (AF-1s) and put everything on my bed. I picked my controller up and continued where I left off until I heard loud voices coming from downstairs, I paused the game and stepped into the hallway. Recognizing the voice I ran downstairs and the yelling got louder.

"Well word got back to me that you fucking with some bitch back in Milwaukee, Melvin" my ma screamed out as her voice began to crackle.

"What the fuck are you talking about Shandra, I ain't messing with nobody back in Milwaukee, I'm out here everyday making shit happen so we can continue to do and have the best and yet you find some way to fuck that up" pops fired back.

"Well if you didn't do careless shit out here in these streets I wouldn't have to come at you with anything but this pussy but then again you don't even have time to fuck your wife let alone sleep next to her right" she yelled back.

"No I'm not here all the time cause there's no peace here anymore Shandra, I'm out here dealing with issues with a lot of shit but when I come home it's more issues to deal with, with you ass" he said throwing his hands up in the air.

"Please Melvin, oh fucking really!!! How the hell can I be your peace when you always putting me in positions to be your nightmare"? She questioned standing up in his face.

"Fuck you I'm out of here" he said pushing pass her and heading towards the door.

"What's up pops" I managed to say as he was making his exit and he stopped in his tracks.

"What's up my lil solider" he said back.

"Nothing, is everything ok with you and Mom" I questioned with concern.

" Yeah we good it's just grown folks issues so you ain't gotta worry about it" he assured me but I know it wasn't the truth.

"Ok pops" I said and he got ready to leave once again.

"I love you son, what you got planned for the weekend"

"Probably go over auntie Kim house for the weekend if my ma let me but other then that I have no plans unless you got plans for us" I said hoping he would let me kick it with him.

"Well I got stuff I gotta handle and you can't be with me cause it's business but I'll ride through and bring you some cash by your auntie house later" he said turning around and heading for the door once more.

"Oh and son don't be out there trying to live that fast street life cause I got you" he said never looking back and walking out completely.

I got up from the stairs and walked towards the kitchen where my ma was just crying her eyes out. I really just wanted to ask if I could go to my aunt Kim house but at a time like this it's more then inconcerate but I want to get my ends from my pops cause I knew he wasn't going to come home since they already had a argument soon as he finally came home.

"Are you ok ma" I asked but I was really concerned.

"Yes son, I'm just about to go rest a bit, why don't you see if your dad can send one of his driver's out here to pick you up and drop you off over your auntie Kimmie house" she said as she stood up, kissed my cheek and headed up to her bedroom.

Turned OutOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara