Chapter 10

I went to school from Jess house and of course she begged me to come back to her house after school but I know that I can't run forever. I promised her that if I needed her I would call.....but you could  tell she didn't believe me so we pinkie swore on it.

School went by pretty fast....really faster then I wanted it to. Robert and I did a little flirting but I knew it could be nothing more because I'm damaged good and who would want to have to deal with that.

It was lunch time and I was headed to the lunch line because I swear I wanted some flaming hots with cheese.

"How did you like your weekend" I heard a voice coming up from behind me....It was Robert walking up.

"I really enjoyed, how about you"

"I loved it especially when I seen you in that beautiful dress. Marshay just know you are beautiful to me".

"Stop it you just saying that because you think it's gone get you in my pants" I said with my head cocked to the left.

"Naw it ain't even like that Marshay" we both ain't ready for that, but I really do want to get to know who you are outside of school....maybe we can kick it some times" he said looking at me.

"Why would I say that to him.... Oh I know cause that seems to be the only thing I'm good for" I thought to myself before responding. "Well I didn't mean for you to take it that way Robert but you know how your reputation is" I said to him.

"Well we ain't talking about what other people saying right now, I'm talking about us being friends outside of school" he said looking at me for a answer.

"Well that a be fine but I can't make no promises that we can hang out after school or on the weekend because I have to be home to help my mom out" thinking to myself like "fuck my life"

He waited for a second like he was thinking of a plan "ok I got it we a just have to try to spend time at school until you available" he said

The school day went by fast.... like time was telling me to hurry home.

"Marshay, Marshay" I heard Jess calling me as I was getting stuff out of my locker.

"Yes Jess" I said as I was closing my locker and putting my bag pack on my shoulder.

"Are you sure that your ok with going back into that house" she asked with concern and care in her eyes.

Even though I wasn't ok with going back in that house I knew I had to. "Yeah I'm fine with it Jess but thank you for caring" I said placing my hand on her shoulder as we walked out the building.

I got off the bus at my stop and everything seemed frozen to me even my legs, I hadn't realized I didn't move until I felt someone touch me on my shoulder breaking me out of my daze making me jump.

Why you just standing there Marshay" Malcolm asked looking up at me.

"Boy you scared me and no reason" I said holding my chest and pulling myself together at the same time.

"Oh I just seen Ms. Michelle leave with Skull a minute ago" hearing that I knew I had a clear way into the house without being caught by Skull or having to argu with Michelle.

Hearing Skull name made me sick to my stomach....I stood there thinking "where could they be going"?

I walked towards the house pulling out my key, took a deep breath and opened the door. The door swung open and house was the same except for the smell of liquor and some stuff threw around, Skull probably been beating on Michelle cause I was gone but I didn't care my body needed a break in more ways then one.