Chapter 8

~This is going to be Jess P.O.V on how she seen Marshay changing.... I hope you all like it~

<5 votes and 4 comments for the next chapter>

I been knowing Marshay since middle school I remember that day so clearly: "Is somebody sitting here" she asked. I looked up to see this skinny dark skin girl with a button up, some stone washed jeans, a ponytail to the side and some kwiss on standing next to the empty desk I was sitting next to.
"Nope not yet but they will if you keep standing right there" I said to her and she chuckled a little while sitting down.

"Thanks" she said while putting her books down on the desktop.
"My name Jess, what's yours?" I asked while extending my hand for a hand shake.

"I'm Marshay" she said.
In from that day forward we have been friend. She was very smart, always in a bubbly mood and had a smile that would light up a dark room but towards the end of our 8th grade year she started changing she was no long happy, she started to distance herself from me and others, she even started to miss days of school and when she was there she was either sleeping, sleepy or saying how tired she was. Over the summer break we barely talked to each other let alone seen each other. Than I seen her at the school open house for our freshman year and she looked like she had a ruff summer.

"Hey Marshay how has your summer been? We haven't had a chance to kick it like we always do over the break but we back at it this school year home girl".

She looked up at me with a look on her face that I couldn't figure out "Yeah I have been very busy this summer with helping my mama out because she haven't been feeling good but yes I can't wait until it starts back, I missed you girl!!!!" She said with a slight grin. Just then Miss. Michelle walked up and the look on Marshay face changed from happiness to embarrassment.
"How you doing Miss. Michelle?" I asked as she approached us.

"Fine" she said not even catching eye contact with me. I shrugged my shoulders and looked at Marshay.

"Girl you know I got shit to do, where the hell is the teachers or some shit" she said to Marshay.

"Ma it's not even over yet we didn't even tour my classes yet" she said with sadness on on face and in her voice.

"Well that's to bad you got work to do at home you'll see your classes on the first day of school when you walk in....now let's go" she said while forcefully yanking Marshay by the arm. She was most definitely embarrassed after this act.

I never knew for Miss. Michelle to act like this especially when it came to school but I guess it's her illness that has her patience running them.

"I'll see you some other time" she said as she was being pulled pass me.

"Ok" I said when a concerned look on my face. Miss. Michelle has changed a lot from when I first saw her in 6th grade, she looked like Goddess....she favorited Lisa Raye, she had almond tone skin, almond shaped eyes, long pretty black hair, pretty straight white teeth with a smile that would light up a dark room. Now she look tired and wore out like she ain't eating or getting any rest but Marshay did say she had been sick so that probably was the side affects of her illness.
~~~~

It was the beginning of our 9th grade year and for the most part everything was going fine. I walked the halls speaking to everybody that I knew and who knew me, just as I was turning the corner I seen my homegirl Marshay at her locker so I walked up to her with a smile plastered on my face but when I reached her she looked wore out and ruff.

"Hey friend" I said to her still looking shocked at her appearance. She had on a pair of Jean on with rips in the front, a plain white fitted shirt, her hair pulled up into a very messy bun (if you ask me she didn't do anything to her head this morning she look like she just got dressed in came to school) and a pair of Nike sandals with socks on to complete her.

She said "Hey" but never taking her eyes from her locker. She was moving stuff around in there like she was trying to hide something but I wasn't going to ask what she was doing so I just stood there looking at how tired my friend looked in the face. The silence was weird for a second so I decided to say something "How was your summer anyways" I said in a jolly tone.

"It was ok I guess you can say I'm just happy that I survived it but other then that it was just summer break that's it" she replied dryly what a look on her face that I couldn't put a label on.

"You ok Shay because you just don't be the same anymore. Your never happy anymore, we didn't see or spend time with each other this summer like we did every summer up until now, it's just like we not even friends anymore" I said while tears formed on my waterline but I didn't let them drop I just tried my best to pass them back. I really care about our friendship and I would hate for anything to happen to her.

"I'm just having a hard time at home right no with my mama being sick and me still trying to cope with the passing of my grandma last year, it's just a lot to take in and I do apologize about lacking on my part in this friendship in gone to work on that" she said to me with a side grin.

"I don't understand because I never went through stuff like that but I do get where you coming from". "Maybe a friend is what you need to help you get through this" I said to her.

"You right I just be feeling like Why Bring my Problems to somebody else that's all" she said looking sad. "You do look cute in that outfit though girl" she said looking down at my Blue jeans Romper, gold sandals, creamed colored purse which was going across my chest with gold/pearl necklace, bracelets, earrings to complete my outfit I had on.

"Thanks and I'm sorry for your lost, I know how you where about your grandma. One thing I do know is Marshay and her grandma had a different type of relationship they where Best friends, Shay told her everything without leaving out any details so I know she's having a hard time dealing with this. I also know this is why she feels like she has no one to run to with her problems because her problem solvers is now gone.

"Yeah I'm going to be ok but with my mom being sick it's just everything is placed on me to do, I just miss her so much Jess" she said while closing her locker and turning to face me with tears in her eyes.

I put my arm around her shoulders in told her "I'll always be here for her no matter what, so never feel like she don't have anyone to run to because she does and that's me. I started to sing "You Got a Friend in Me" and we both busted out laughing while walking away from her locker.

"Thanks" she said once we were able to stop laughing. We just made our way to our classes and said "we would meet up after the period was over"......

<5 votes and 4 comments for the next chapter>

I know it's short but it was just for Jess Point of View only.

I hope you all enjoy and don't be shy to like, comment or let other people know about my work.

~A follow for a follow~