CS P.2

I flipped through the channels rubbing my stomach trying to keep my mind busy. It was starting to feel like something bad was always happening, and the fact that Reggie thinks he has it under control is crazy.

I didn't know what to believe because why not just tell me you're meeting with her in the first place? I hated being hard on a nigga, especially my nigga but sometimes they needed it. Slashing those seats felt like a blurry high for me, it felt good to get the frustration out but it felt like I was a backseat driver to it all. Just thinking about Reggie sleeping around especially while I'm pregnant just disgusts me, that's why I don't want to believe it. I'm so crazy I'd convince myself he killed her to hide the fact they were sleeping together, after a while the side bitch always wants to go public. Or have I just watched too much tv drama? Either way it was not worth the mental torture.

I heard the front door open snapping me out of my thoughts as I turned down the tv.

"Yooo! Sis!" I heard Lijah's voice making me smile and sit up.

"I'll be out in a second!" I said sliding into the house shoes pulling my robe together to walk to the closet. I was half naked or naked most of the time, clothes were hell for me now so when I didn't have to wear anything I didn't.

I slipped on some black leggings and an oversized t-shirt.

"What's good sis?! Niece." He said pointing to my stomach making me laugh before giving him a hug. "What you doing over here?" I asked surprised to see him but happy. I needed to talk to him about mom wanting us over for dinner tomorrow anyway. Honestly I wasn't even in the mood for it but I was still trying to keep it cute.

"Just chilling with Reggie, gone beat his ass on a few rounds in that Duty!" Lijah said laughing making Reggie come from the kitchen with a fruit snack in his hand. "Nigga you can download all the cheat codes in the world and I'm still whooping yo' ass on my worst day. You lucky I don't charge yo' ass for coming over, you always running up the food bill. Nigga when I say we gone play a few games and munch on sum' shit I don't mean a buffet!" Reggie said making Lijah burst into laughter, I wanted to laugh too but the stubbornness in me wouldn't.

"Man yo' hungry man ass be sitting right there eating that shit up too. And nigga we ain't gotta do yo' tab, we can do mine." Lijah said shrugging. "Sound good to me." Reggie replied. "You the only nigga I know that's breaded but trip off a seventy dollar DoorDash bill." Lijah said laughing. "That shit add up nigga." Reggie said.

I looked Reggie up and down as him and Lijah went back and forth. Sometimes I wondered why love hurts so bad sometimes? I could admit, I had relationship anxiety. The unknown always scared me when it came to people but to have it sleeping with you is even scarier and heartbreaking. I knew that I was faithful and all for him but it killed me a little not knowing if the same energy was reciprocated.

"You good baby?" Reggie asked snapping me from the thought. I just looked him at blankly before turning around and walking off. "Marlicia.." Reggie's voice said in defeat.

Trying to talk to Reggie was starting to feel like a brick wall and I didn't want to continue that. If he couldn't simply tell me the truth why would I listen to "what you won't do" anymore? The talk been talking but I needed it to walk now, especially with a baby girl on the way. Today I was getting out of this house instead of being so gloomy and depressed like.

I went into my bedroom locking the door behind me before starting the shower. Stripping from the clothes and wrapping my hair I got inside letting the water run over my face and hair. My mind traced back to Linsey as I poured the shampoo in my hand. I couldn't lie like a part of me was glad that the bitch was gone but the other part of me still had questions. But those questions didn't even matter now.