3

SPIRALLING LOVE BLOOMS IN WINTER

You feel yourself unable to function.

'since when did fukuzawa look this pretty?'

only having met him today, you don't understand why you've caught feelings so fast. you guys don't even know each other a lot, you think to yourself, it's probably some phase.. no need to overthink this.

though, you still do ponder over the fact why you feel this way despite meeting him today - you didn't even ask for his name, only basing it off from what ranpo yelled out prior. maybe it's because he's appealing to the eye?

"oh, uh, yeah. i'm fine, i'm alright." you manage to stutter out, face tinting a soft shade of pink.

"are you sure?" he clarifies, wanting to make sure that you truly are alright, and you are or you hope you're alright, you don't know, you can't think when fukuzawa is looking so pretty when the sun hits him, enhancing him into a dream like a fairytale. oh, how you wish you could hold him in your arms and take care of him.

just before you could clarify that you are indeed alright, ranpo interrupts like the brat he is. "of course they're fine, don't let yourself worry mr. bodyguard fukuzawa!" ranpo enthusiastically says, his mouth stuffed full of sweets as he talks.

"don't talk when eating, edogawa." you remind ranpo, scolding him for doing an unpleasant action. ranpo ignores you, continuing to speak with his mouth full of food,

"[nameeee] why did you take so long? did you feel like starving me? i didn't even do anything to you!" ranpo whines, now standing up from his seat and clinging onto you, his legs wrapped around one of your legs as he tries to climb on you.

"i had some trouble making my way here, it was quite.. unpleasant." you vaguely say, not knowing that with a few hints ranpo could easily find out the reason WHY you were truly late. ranpo groans in annoyance, now deciding to swing your body left and right whilst ranpo is still latching onto you.

fukuzawa just watches, finding both you and ranpos' interactions a bit endearing. despite you and ranpo just meeting yesterday, it feels like you've been best friends for many years.

fukuzawa glances away, now deciding to look at the box of confectionaries that he (that ranpo mentally said to fukuzawa to order) ordered. he extends a hand out, picking up a dessert that interests him; it's plain looking, with nothing exciting towards its appearance. he takes a bite out of the basic looking dessert, sweetness spreading throughout his tongue as he diligently eats. he hums in delight, liking the texture and the taste of such a simple looking pastry.

ranpo and you basically ignore fukuzawa, both too busy discussing why you were late. ranpo, making useless guesses (even though he found out) whilst you, defend yourself, saying white lies.

"i'm telling you, it was just a delay when making the destination. i wasn't aware of where i had to go before remembering at the last second, that was the only complication that happened!" you defend yourself, saying half a lie. ranpo scrutinises you, obviously aware but does not act upon his final decision, instead retorting with useless arguments and guesses.

"are you sure? you're acting reaaaaal suspicious. you sure nothing else happened besides not knowing where you had to go?" he questions, raising an eyebrow as he leans closer towards you, his body still clinging onto yours.

"i will give you the count of 5 and by the end, i expect you to give me a decent answer! 5... 4 3⁄4 ..4½.. 4.." ranpo counts backwards, showing you his hand and very slowly putting one finger down as he stalls. you don't bother saying anything, just giving him a judging look.