9

soon, the weekends flew by.

an anxious person is seen standing in front of a mirror, hands clamped onto their face. many thoughts run through their mind, an endless map of possibilities, conversations, actions, and weirdly a space for pickup lines.

you are that anxious person standing in front of your mirror, whilst shaking.

today's the day, you thought.

you inhale, then exhale in an attempt to calm your nerves.

looking back at yourself, you check the outfit you had chosen the night before, even trying it on a couple of times. you tried not to go overboard in what you usually like to wear, instead wearing something casual but with a ting of you in it. you give yourself a twirl, enjoying how you look in the mirror.

with newfound confidence surging through you, you descend the stairs and out the door to meet the love of your life.

fukuzawa.

you both are seen standing at each other, the soft wind breezing past you. you never thought you loved the sun until now, since the sun glistens against fukuzawa. he looks like an angel. he gives you a subtle smile as he speaks to you,

"we should get going."

"yeah."

-

it's awkward, you think.

currently, you are both walking around the streets of yokohama. you stopped at a few places, but to you- it didn't satisfy you.

you've been on a couple of dates before, some bad, some good. but mainly they're all awkward.

you don't like awkward.

you observe your surroundings and see something that you want to see closer. to break the silence, you ask your future lover a question. "there's a cat cafe over there... wanna go?"

you turn your head to see his reaction.

he gives you a nod, but- you can see the joy in his eyes.

he gently pulls both his and your linked arms towards the cafe as sparkles seem to be surrounding his eyes. you softly giggle, he looks like an excited child.

you both make your way over, arms linked, and happiness spread on both of your faces.

the bell chimes as you open the door for him, as you wait for him to enter. once both of you enter a staff member comes to you and asks if you have a reservation. you don't.

fukuzawa goes off and plays with the cats as you're applying for one, you glance at him once everything is done. a wistful smile makes its way onto your lips, as you continue to stare at him.

you don't realise the danger that lurks behind you.

an object flies itself onto your head, and you squeak in surprise as you nearly topple down, but you stabilise yourself. you can feel blunt claws digging their way into your skull as the object seems to make itself comfy on top of your head.

fukuzawa looks over at you in worry as he heard your sound of distress, but his worries die down as he stares at the cat on top of your head. he stands up and walks over to you, eventually taking the cat off your head. its body stretching it is held in your saviour's hands.

you immediately rub your head once the cat is off, in hopes of soothing the pain from the impact of the hit.

"are you okay?" your saviour asks, the love of your life, future lover, soon-to-be wedded, fiance, lover, boyfriend, husband, angel, fukuzawa.

"i'm okay, hurts only a little."

fukuzawa moves the cat in his hands to cradle it. he reaches a hand to rub over your injury.

a small tinge of red paints your cheeks.

you focus on the cat that had plunged itself onto you, its round brown eyes staring deeply into yours. the cat has orange, brown and white fur both colours blotched together. it meows.

it's that goddamn cat that's jumping me. a vein pops onto your forehead as you put your arms behind your back, in an attempt to stop yourself from absolutely obliterating this cat. veins that look like their about to burst appear on your arms.

you put on a calm facade as you try to cool your nerves.

you reach out a hand to pet the cat, before you could it bites you.

it bites you.

it bites you? a cat?

the pain surges throughout your hand as you clutch it with your other hand, a few curses and grumbles leave your lips. small drops of blood trickling down. fukuzawa places the cat down as he cradles your injured hand worry painted on his face, and a staff member comes towards the commotion.

the cat seems to have a smirk splayed on its face.

you're livid, absolutely mad. rage overcomes you as you try to calm yourself, you release a shaky sigh as you can feel medical supplies touch your wound. you glance over at fukuzawa that's standing beside you, his fierce gaze crumbles into one of complete worry. eyebrows furrowed and hand on your lower back.

it always seems like you have bad luck nowadays.

the staff member wraps a bandaid around your injury, also telling you that you don't have to pay due to this incident. the staff member also tells you that this cat isn't one of theirs.

fukuzawa watches you and the staff member conversing, his gaze stuck on you. you can feel a stare coming from him, still seeing worry plastered on his angelic face. "i'm fine." you say.

you give him a smile as you side-eye the cat that's purring on fukuzawa's leg. it seems that fukuzawa has seen this cat before.

the cat once again pounces on you as you let out a screech.

-

FACTS:

-the cat is natsume soseki, he seems to have a grudge against you.

-fukuzawa knows who the cat is.

-fukuzawa had developed a funny feeling inside.

-you're about to fight the cat.

-after a staff member tells you that you don't have to pay, another comes and gives you a voucher; a discount. weirdly, the staff member had a red face and kept stuttering when speaking to you.

-ranpo and yosano kept pestering fukuzawa about what happened during the hangout.

-you consider this 'hangout' a date.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

sorry that my writing seems bad, i actually had no idea what to write for this chapter. anyway!! does anyone play hsr? (honkai: starrail) i promised myself not to play hoyoverse games since my genshin account got lost. but, i need kafka inside me. i also just want to talk to people with the same interests as me!!