11

the victor stands tall on its paws, licking their fur as they look deviously at you. your soiled and bruised hands pull onto the grass as you admit defeat.

previously, before this all happened- you were taking a stroll in a field full of pretty flowers. you had discovered this place when you were younger, running away from a shopkeeper due to shoplifting. younger you couldn't resist the smell of divine food, thus you stole it. it ended up with you still getting caught though, serving a week in jail and a hefty fine. though- the judge was entirely merciful on you since you were just a mere child, resulting in your jail time being quite less than the usual imprisonment.

though just after a few minutes of your walk you were suddenly attacked from behind. you brawled with that thing for the entirety of your break.

soft pants leave your chapped lips, a tiny layer of sweat decorating your face. you wipe the sweat away with your forearm.

it's that damn cat.

the cat that's been jumping you. the cat that ruined your date. the cat that- that- that's just there to ruin your life. you remember the name of your enemy, of course. your future husband had told you.

sensei, sensei is its name.

you peer into the cat's beedy eyes, full intent of absolutely ravishing this creature into its grave is seen in your eyes. you pull yourself up from the ground, flowers crushed by the sudden movement. you tower over sensei, a shadow casting onto the creature.

your lips part to say a few words, "why do you always jump me?! i literally did nothing to you!!" you softly yell at the cat like a maniac. you've gone insane.

the cat meows, stretching themselves as they sit.

"you wretched bastard! what do you want from me? all I'm trying to do is make money and marry fukuzawa!!" you say as you point at it, tears bubbling due to the overwhelming anger filling inside you. "what did i do..?" you whisper as your bottom lip quivers a little.

you furiously wipe the tears away, moving away from the cat as fast as you could. "I'll get my revenge one day! the next time i see you, you'll be in the oven!!" you turn away, running off whilst grumbling your lame insults at the cat.

-

"like- i don't know why it hates me, i didn't do anything wrong.." you bury yourself closer in fukuzawa's arms, enjoying the warmth he radiates.

"I'm sure he doesn't exactly hate you, maybe he has a reason? and also- why do you call sensei as 'it' i'm sure he's a male, right?"

"food doesn't have a gender," you reply quickly, a shadow casting over yourself as you think about grim thoughts about how to defeat it.

fukuzawa looks at you with a sweatdropped face, he doesn't say anything about your answer, instead opting to look at ranpo and yosano. both are eating the sweets you have brought as they chat. fukuzawa can hear yells of exaggeration from ranpo and loud sighs from yosano.

he turns away to look at you, though was caught in the act when you stared back at him. pretty grey orbs clashing with yours, it seems there's a bunch of flowers and sparkles around you, his heart beats out of his chest as he continues staring at you. he can feel your heartbeat, beats of a rhythm matching his. a small blush coats his cheeks as you both continue to stare at each other.

though, the moment was interrupted by both ranpo and yosano yelling out an 'eww' sound as they look at both of you. "get a room!!" yosano yells, as she waves her hand in front of her face, seeming like she wants this loving atmosphere outside. on the other hand, ranpo makes choking sounds as he pretends to puke. "pew-yew!!" he gurgles.

"you're pew-yew!!" was your first instinct to do.

"no, you!"

"no, you"

"you!"

you grumble as you release yourself from fukuzawas grip, moving closer to ranpo and yosano. proceeding to converse with both of them, giggles and laughter escaping from your mini circle. fukuzawa gazes at you with a loving look, a smile plastered on his face that he can't easily remove.

he is terribly in love with you. are you though? or is it just a bluff?

-

a man is seen in a brown bowler hat and in a brown, long suit with a grey turtle neck underneath on. his nose twitches as he lets out a sneeze, he uses one gloved hand to wipe at his nose.

'is someone talking about me? or maybe I'm just sick. hopefully, I'm not sick.' he thinks.

-

FACTS:

-you were a rebellious child.

-you and ranpo pretended to have a fistfight.

-yosano and you gossiped about drama

-sensei seeks the day of your downfall.

-fukuzawa finally realised what he was feeling inside about you.

-you admit that your 'slight' crush was actually a massive one.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

i genuinely don't know what to write for the next few chapters so- please bare with me and send ideas that you want. please, pretty please !! i don't care if it's gore or lovey-dovey. as long as it doesn't go beyond us at the start of the manga. (where Atsushi joins the ADA) i also don't mind time skips, if like you want the story to progress further instead of the chapters stalling. and please please respond to this!!!!!!!!!