10

"will- will you marry me?" he asks you, his grey eyes looking up at you from his kneeling position, a gaze full of pure love and infatuation. a silver ring that's embedded with a single diamond is seen in a velvety red box, the diamond glistens against the sunrise as your eyes look at his with much love. all your senses are blocked out; the sounds of the ocean, the smell of fresh water, and the sand clinging to your bare feet. a sudden breeze flies past you, you grip your sunhat so it doesn't get lost in the wind. his silver hair covers one of his eyes, he pushes it away with one hand.

he awaits your answer.

your chapped lips press against each other before answering.

"yes!" you say, your hands making their way around his neck as your knees drop to the sand. both of your faces are whispers away from each other, you give him a gorgeous smile.

"yes, yes, yes!!" you repeat, your head tucking itself in between his shoulder and neck. your embrace tightens as you squeal in delight. moving away, you meet him face to face, you give him another gorgeous smile as you place both hands on the sides of his face and attack him with a kiss on the lips. it's passionate, full of love and devotion.

he tumbles onto the grainy sand, holding you tight. he kisses you back, and the velvety red box falls, landing next to you.

releasing yourself away from his lips you find yourself towering over him. the sun shining against you both, you look down at him with a giddy smile.

"i love you so much, fukuzawa."

"i love you too, my dear. but it's time to wake up."

the alarm clock blares, the red numbers flashing you. your hand slams onto your clock, effectively breaking it one again. you look over with a sigh as you think about your dream.

the dream has a new title for itself, 'my favourite dream.'

-

today was a slow day, not many customers during rush hour too. you already delivered ranpo his sweets, greeted fukuzawa and had a sweet conversation (which was the highlight of your day), and helped yosano in deciding which colour suits her best.

you are bored and you don't like it.

you poke your forehead and feel the bump that the cat, presumably named 'sensei' fukuzawa told you its name. it hurts, you admit. you never thought you'd be beaten by a cat, how shameful of you.

another sigh leaves your hydrated lips for the nth time, and your calloused palm holds your head. you have nothing to do today, you wonder how you used to make it through the day like this when you were younger. you glance over to the wall, you can see paint slowly chipping off. you make a mental note to fix that.

you look out the window, it's raining heavily. it's calm and serene, very peaceful you think. your thoughts are interrupted as the door swings open with a lot of force, the bell ringing as usual. outcomes a soaking wet person, quite short as well. you can't see their face as it's covered by a pretty ugly hat.

the person walks over to the counter, their muddy shoes staining the pristine wooden floors. that'll be a hassle to clean you say. you glance over to the short person, their hat still obstructing your view of their face, though you can see a hint of ginger hair.

"uh, welcome? would you like a towel?" you ask, you don't want this person getting sick. maybe you'd get sick as well, you don't want that. how are you supposed to pay your bills?