ch. 5- Princess of Love

My gaze travelled up from his gleaming black shoes to his long legs clad in ink-black trousers, up the partially clasped beaded buttons of his dress shirt and to his sinfully long lashed-hazel eyes.

The corner of his lips went up slightly as he saw that I was speechless. I wished I wasn’t speechless, but I also wasn’t blind. The man looked like he belonged in an Armani catalog.

I blinked as I realized the male model was alive. He reached his hand out slowly.

I moved back, remembering that he had kidnapped me and that I had to escape. I had to escape.

“My princess, you look positively radiant” he told me slowly as watched my eyes and gently pressed his lips to my hand.

I pulled my hand away.

“Don’t call me princess” I protested and took a step away from him.

“What would you like me to call you, love?” he asked eagerly. He took a step toward me and tilted my chin up to meet his gaze.

I turned my head and moved from his grasp.

“Don’t call me love, either!” I shouted more angrily now.

He reached for my hand but I jerked away.

Quickly, I started to make my way down the steps, but my stupid heels and the slippery marble staircase made it difficult to run.

I tripped over an ounce of the thousand pounds of lace of my goddamn dress and nearly fell face first.

He reached out his arms, caught me by my waist and pulled me against his chest before I completely made a fool myself.

Then he steadied me and kept his arm around my waist as he helped me walk down the steps.

I shifted under his grip, uncomfortable at how comfortable his hand felt at my waist.

He scooped me up in his arms and carried me down the steps.

“Hey! I can walk by myself” I protested as I hit his chest repeatedly. It was hard as rock and I could feel the contour of his muscles. I stopped for the smallest second, wanting to trace the line of his chest muscles.

I shook my head. What the hell is wrong with me?

He ignored me and laughed lightly. I could feel his Adam’s apple bobbing up and down slightly- close by my cheek.

First he kidnapped me and now he was laughing at me?

“No, you need my help, my princess of love” he grinned and his pearly-white teeth gleamed against his light caramel-gold skin.

I was about to yell at him for calling me his ‘princess of love,’ but I decided against it.

Maybe if I play along, he’ll let me leave earlier.

He eased me down gently.

I wanted to kick off my heels and make a run for it, but I was side-tracked by the spotless palace living room, more like living mansion. It was a replica of the gold and crystalline white furniture in his bedroom.  

He smiled at my speechlessness again.

“I- I have to go” I stuttered. I took a few steps back, but ended up running into his chest.

He wrapped his arms around my waist.

“No” he shook his head and kissed my neck.

I tried to jerk away from his grasp, but he held me tighter.

“Let go!” I shouted as I struggled against his strength.

“You are forbidden from leaving!” he declared in a harsh tone.

“Please!” I begged. I twisted and shifted under his ever-tightening grip, but it was no use.

“I have to find Sebastian!” I almost cried.

Tears were glazing my eyes and clouding my vision.

“NO!” he bellowed furiously. His eyes glinted red for a moment, which made me stare longer but also want to run even faster.

I cowered back at the intensity of his fury.

He spun me around quickly and pulled me hard against his chest.

“You will live here with me and you will be my princess” he commanded as he stared into my eyes.

I tried to look away but his gaze burned into me and I was afraid he would only pull me harder if I moved in the slightest.

An angry tear streamed down my cheek.

He watched me a moment and I could see an ounce of shame and guilt in his eyes.

He leaned his head close to mine and kissed my cheek.

I turned my head away from him, but he took my face in his hands and made me look at him.

“Please don’t cry” he asked of me softly.

He kissed another tear.

I cried harder and hit his chest, but he just kept his arms around me, holding me close to his chest. I wanted him to know that I would never ever be happy with him. I would never stop trying to escape. I would never ever love him. 

***

The maid showed gestured to the dining room where we would eat breakfast. I sighed, but let Zayn walk me over since I was too hungry to protest food. 

He held my hand more delicately in his as he walked me to my end of the dinning room table.

I followed him blindly, completely enchanted by the fairytale perfection of the palace. He pulled out my chair and I sat down slowly.

Quickly, he kissed my hand and grinned as if we've been lovers for years and I just had a mini break down out of joy that I was back with my psychotic boyfriend.

I pulled my hand back and rubbed it against my dress, just in case there was a curse or a trance in his saliva. 

Zayn slowly made his way to his seat at the opposite end of the unreasonably long table. Why was it so long anyway? Style purposes? Zayn's a show-off? Zayn's psychotic? Yes, yes.

But there was no one else here (minus the maid). Why was he even in a castle to begin with? But, more importantly, where the hell is the escape route?

I looked up. Zayn had been watching my face intently and smiling in his sneak, pervy little way.

I glared at him.

He winked.

I cleared my throat in annoyance.

"The only way out is in, my princess" he told me with another wink.