ch.35

I wrapped my arms around him in my excitement and kissed his neck over and over, making him fall back on the ground.

Zayn grinned as he held me close to his chest. He smoothed my hair out of my face and kissed me.

"Zayn" I whispered.

He nodded.

I pressed my hand to his heart and saw that the tattoo was gone but the marks of blood remained. Zayn took my wrist carefully and his eyes widened in horror. 

He sat upright immediately and ripped his shirt. He tied the fabric aorund my wrists and the smaller gash on my thigh. 

We both turned to see Linelle had long fallen to the ground, growing paler, greyer and older. Her skin shriveled like a prune and her hair fizzed out like grey hay.

The ground shook. The entire stone wall structure of the castle shook as though someone had kicked it.

Zayn took my hand and we ran. We ran towards the dungeon doors, just before Linelle could call the guards.

Zayn squeezed my hand and I felt something in my stomach twist. I tried to focus on leaving the castle in one piece to distract from my bloody wrists. I hadn't cut deep enough to permanently injury myself but I had cut both my wrists.

"TARINI!" a deep voice bellowed. 

My heart shook in my chest. Zayn and I turned to see Sebastian. His pants were torn and jagged, like shorts. His chest was glazed with sweat and his eyes were filled with fury.

I stood behind Zayn.

Zayn tightened his grip around my hand and squared his shoulders.

"TARINI, YOU HAVE TWO SECONDS TO GET BACK HERE!" Sebastian growled. He held up two fingers and stared at me with such frustration and longing that I wasn't sure why he even wanted me back.

"No" I whispered.

Sebastian blinked. Then his eyes hardened again.

"SHE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE!" Zayn shouted back.

I swallowed hard and hid my face behind Zayn's shoulder.

"BABY. COME. ON!" Sebastian demanded.

I shook my head. 

"BABY!"

"NO! NO! NO!" I screamed.

Sebastian gasped in angry terror. Even Zayn cringed at the shriekiness of my voice.

"Please?" Sebastian whispered softly. His voice trembled.

My throat tightened. If I looked into Sebastian's eyes for another moment, I might feel guilty enough to go back to him, even though I know I only want to be with Zayn.

Sebastian reached his hand to me from a few yards away. He took a step closer but I took a step back.

"I-I don't love you" 

Sebastian searched my eyes a moment and I nearly saw a tear slip down his hard cheeks, but he brushed it away. He swallowed hard.

Then he broke.

"LET GO OF HER!" Sebastian demanded.

He ran up to Zayn and threw a punch a this face. Zayn narrowly avoided the punch. Sebastian threw more and more even tried to kick Zayn.

"Sebastian, stop!" I screamed

"You love me, Tar, I know you do, you do, YOU DO!" he threatened.