ch.31 To my Malik

"TAR!" Sebastian bellowed.

My heart leaped into my chest and I ran twice as fast. I zig-zagged behind the trees and the bushes to confuse him, but his gaze was set on me and there was no way he would give up.

"TARINI, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING!?" he demanded.

I looked at him over my shoulder.

"TO MY MALIK!" 

Sebastian stopped in his tracks. He stared at me as I ran relentlessly through the forest until I reached the gates of the castle.

"NO!" he shouted back. He ran faster than humanly possible. But he was furious and he wasn't human when he was furious.

A hand grabbed my wrist.

I screamed.

Blue eyes widened and I calmed down. It was Jimmy.

"Tar" he spoke up.

I stared at him, but my hands kept shaking. I was afraid he would force me to go back to Sebastian. 

But he didn't.

Jimmy looked over my shoulder at Sebastian and took a deep breath.

"Go to through the dungeon" he told me. "And watch out for the old hag. She's the real witch" Jimmy warned. 

I nodded. Just as I was about to run to the dungeon entrance, I hugged Jimmy and kissed his cheek.

"Zayn will build you a new ship" I promised him.

He nodded slowly.

"Hurry" he raised his voice.

I ran to the door and locked it behind me swiftly.

***

Zayn's POV:

"You killed him" I gasped. It wasn't a question, it was a statement. It was a dry, unbelievable statement.

M.L.'s dark lips curled eagerly. 

"Yes" she hissed.

She took a dangerous step closer to me. Then she grabbed my wrist and ripped my shirt with her other hand. She bit my chest, just over my heart and I felt blood drawing out of me.

I shoved at her shoulders, but her grip tightened powerfully and my strength withered with every drop of blood she sucked.

M. L. wiped her mouth and stared at me hungrily.

I blinked. Her skin looked softer under the setting sun light. Her hair was richer and she was thinner. I touched my heart. She was taking my life and sucking it into her decrepit body.

I looked down at my body and saw my skin wrinkling before my eyes. My quiff thinned out and a hair fell to my hand and turned grey before my eyes. I gasped in shock.

M.L. twirled in her dress and her young body and her young heart.

I laid there, withering away with every breath she took.

***

Tar's POV:

The murky stone floor creaked under my feet. I held my breath as a drop of water fell from the ceiling and onto my cheek.  

Quietly, I walked to the room where Zayn had previously taken Sebastian to kill him. I prayed that wherever Zayn was, that he was alive, just long enough for me to come to his rescue.

Screams and shouts sounded from very close by and I pressed myself against the wall, praying that a wandering guard wouldn't find me. I only wanted to be found my Zayn.