When you overwork yourself for the finals

You have been continuously burying your head in the notes but were still unable to register any information on the book in your head. Three months from now you have your finals and the situation where you were unable to keep anything in your head didn't help you. You were continuously changing one note from another seeing if you remember anything you read an hour ago but still you remember nothing. You were feeling helpless. How were you going to give the exam if you didn't remember the basics? You didn't want to disappoint your parents. They work hard to provide you a peaceful life. You didn't want to break their hope. 

You parents never told you to do any house chores which could affect your studies. You yourself had high hopes from you but everything has been going against you. Obviously being used to the pandemic where you stayed home all the time you had enough time to study. But once you had to attend your college it really made your life hectic. You felt as if you didn't have enough time for study. And giving offline exams after doing online class for two years didn't really help the situation. Of course there was a subtle gap in education as the classes were online which may greatly affect the offline exams. You weren't any saint or acted like one telling you didn't cheat during the exam. You did cheat in exams because the online classes weren't as effective as the offline ones and no matter how much you studied there would alway be a doubt about something. You sighed and leaned your head on the chair.

You remember not talking properly with your mother or just ignoring her when she called you to eat and sometimes you ended up talking rudely with her because she was telling you to eat or drink or take a break overwhelmed you. Tears brimmed your eyes feeling pathetic. You have been ignoring your family, your best friend and engrossed yourself in study but nothing worked. Your best friend Taehyung was always by your side but you even pushed him away. You ignored him which was breaking your heart. But he would sometimes come and spend some time with you. Well technically just sat in your room with his own books and kept an eye on you. You knew you were doing injustice to them. Ignoring them wouldn't go any good and the guilt was eating you inside. 

You were so lost in your thoughts that you didn't even notice your bedroom door open and close. It was Taehyung. He came inside with your favourite snacks. He knew you were overworking yourself but seeing you cry hurt him. He quickly went to you and turned your chair around. "Hey munchkin, why are you crying?" He cupped your face and gently wiped your tears. You hugged his waist and cried. "Tae… I can't remember anything. I have been studying so hard but still I couldn't complete the past questions. I have been ignoring you, mom and dad but now everything seems to fall apart." 
You cried loudly.

Taehyung patted your hair and let you cry. After crying for ten minutes you finally calmed down. "Munchkin, it's okay. You know everything for the finals. It is just that you are overworking and stressing yourself. Look at me, I didn't even study for the finals. I have three subjects and I will study them in these three months. The syllabus is not big. It's just that you need to stress less. See I always manage to stay in the top five even after studying so little. It is because I don't stress and when I study I put full focus on it. You on the other hand know everything and you are still stressed. Stop overworking. Tomorrow you won't study anything. You and I will hang out from morning to night." 

"But-" He cut you off. "No buts." "Go with him y/n, you really have been stressing yourself. You always work hard, it is natural to feel worn out. Just take a day off from your self made hectic schedule. And I trust you. I'm sure you will ace the exam and even if you did score bad, I'm sure you will pass. That's enough. I know my daughter works hard, the result doesn't matter." Your mother smiled at you.

"Mom, I didn't study that bad so that I will only get the passing score. At least have some faith in me." You pouted. "Then why are you stressing yourself? Go to bed now, and make sure to get out of the house tomorrow before I wake up. And Taehyung, you will take that responsibility." Your mother looked at Taehyung.

"Aye, aye captain." He said and saluted your mother, as you cracked a chuckle. "Mon, Tae, I am sorry for ignoring you guys. Mom, I'm sorry for talking to you rudely and ignoring you. I didn't mean it." You rubbed your puffy eyes.

"It is okay, my dear. I know you didn't mean it. I will go and prepare dinner. Taehyung, make sure you eat dinner before you go back home." Saying that your mother went out of your room.

"What is in that bag?" You pointed at the large brown bag on your table. "Chocolate donuts, chocolate cupcakes and your favourite mild spicy tteokbokki. Let's dig in." You nodded and made space for the food while Taehyung opened the back and took the food out. You guys sat down and in no time you finished the food. 

Later on during dinner you apologise to your father after he returned from work. He understood you and forgave you, after all you were the apple of his eye. You were their only child and he could never stay angry at you. That night you had a peaceful sleep. You totally ignored the books piled up on your table and kissed your bed early at 10 p.m. And the next Taehyung took you out for the rest of the day to relieve your stress. And it really helped a lot. After that day you were much relaxed and didn't overwork yourself. And the question papers which you were unable to solve were a piece of cake for you. 

The End