Learning Your Priority In His Life

It has been a year since you got married. But things didn't work out between you and your husband. He was always cold and a man of few words. Although you love him a lot, you didn't feel his sincerity in this marriage. You just thought that he married you because his mom pressured him. You wanted him to open up to you little by little even as a friend. You didn't care even if he didnt see you as a wife but you wanted to be friends with him, wanted to know his likes and dislikes. Although in one year you have got to know many things about him, all thanks to your observation skill. But what hurt you the most was that you rarely saw him. He went out before you woke up and got back after you fell asleep. You felt that your presence was the reason he wasn't home most of the time.

It was around 10 pm, and Taehyung still didn't come home. You got up and decided to go out for a while. "Ma'am, where are you going?" The guard asked. "Just gonna drive around." You smiled at the elderly man and drove off to somewhere unknown. You didn't know where you would go. You just kept driving to whichever direction your heart took you too. You didn't even remember what his face looked like. If it wasn't for the pictures in his room you would've forgotten what your husband looked like.

You were feeling a lot better, finally being able to clear your head after a few days. Being inside the house and not being able to do anything was making you idle day by day. You just hated the lazy feeling that you felt. Driving through the road you saw a cake stop on the opposite side of the road. Since you were returning back to your home you decided to just walk over there and see if you could buy something you liked. You parked the car and carefully crossed the road and entered the shop.

It was around 11.30 am when Taehyung returned home. He entered the house and headed to your shared bedroom but he didn't see you. He checked the bathroom and balcony but you were nowhere. He went down and asked the guard if you went out and then the guard informed that you left home at 10 pm. Taehyung went back to the room and entered the bathroom to take a shower. He waited for sometimes and even called you a few times but your phone was switched off. He was worried for you. Although he didn't give you time he had the responsibility of you, someone who he was supposed to protect his whole life and to give you a wonderful life but in reality he forgot to ask you about what you actually needed from him.

It was around 1.37 am when he received a phone call from you. "Hello Yn, where are you?" He asked without even letting the person on the other line talk. "Sir this is the xxx hospital. Your wife is admitted here. She met with an accident. Her condition is bad. Please come to the hospital." Taehyung's body froze. He couldn't think straight. He quickly wore a tee and rushed with his car's key. His whole body was trembling as he drove to the hospital. His eyes barely focused on the road as his mind continued the words he heard from the phone call.

Flashback
You got some sweets from the shop and also their new chocolate mug cake. You were really eager to try them. You looked left and right and crossed the road. Even the traffic signal was red so it was safe to cross the road but a drunk driver didn't care about the signal and drove in full force and hit you causing you to fly across the street. Of course the car didn't stop and drove away. All the people surrounded you and some quickly took you to the hospital nearby. It took some time for the people in the hospital to unlock your phone and find out who was on the emergency call.

Present
After Taehyung arrived he rushed to the reception to find where you were. The receptionist asked him to wait outside the ICU on the 2nd floor. Taehyung ran to the 2nd floor and found the ICU. He looked at the red light outside the operation theatre. His leg finally gave up and he fell on a chair. Taehyung couldn't control his emotions. You should have been sleeping right now in your home. Comfortable with your fuzzy blue blanket. The temperature of the AC would be at 20°. You would hug the bolster and sleep like a baby. Sometimes you would drool in your sleep only for him to wipe it out. He wondered what you were dreaming about. Maybe eating something tasty.