Chapter 13

SantanaBanks: Mommy got a fresh tan

8,000,000 likes ~ 16,000 comments

---

Tyler's confession left me stunned as it was something that I never expected to hear from him. After sharing a brief moment before he met Miracle, we agreed that it was done in a heat of the moment and that we would keep that to ourselves.

I never felt as if he harbored any feelings for me because he has always been hot and cold with me. There are days when it feels as if I'm hanging with a third brother and then he turns into a complete asshole when we are in group settings. 

"You're doing great, Zara." I call out to my daughter who is having her swimming lesson. Next week I will be participating in her swimming lesson which is something that I am pretty excited for. 

We wanted our daughter to be comfortable in the water without us present because it's easy for children to rely on their parents to help them. I will always be there to protect my daughter but the water is a dangerous game that I'm not fucking around with.

"Let's go, Zahara." Aubrey calls out before whistling and I look up in surprise since he was supposed to be at his studio session. "There's my swimmer."

"What are you doing here?" I calmly ask as he sits down on my sunlounger. "I thought we were going to meet up later for an early dinner."

"I wanted to spend some time with my family." Aubrey lifts my foot up before kissing it and I smile while wiggling my toes. "They don't turn me off, I love your little toes."

"You better worship these toes." 

"Oh, I do." He smothers my feet in kisses which makes me giggle. "I love every bit of you."

I run my hands through Aubrey's braided hair as we watch our daughter float on her back without the instructors assistance. A sense of guilt washes over my body as I think back to the previous night with Tyler.

"Aubs." He ignores me the first time so I call out to him. "Aubs, we need to talk."

"Can it wait?" Aubrey asks without looking back at me.

"Tyler made a move on me."

I watch as his body tenses up before he slowly turns back to look at me and gives me this look that I can't seem to read. I take a deep breath before telling him the events that transpired because I would hate to be kept in the dark about something like this.

"You can stop." Aubrey straightens up while sighing. "Tyler already told me about it this morning during our workout. I didn't think that my own brother would do me like that but I can't say that I'm surprised because I probably would have done the same if I was in his shoes."

I furrow my brows at him as I take in his facial features and that's when I notice the bruise forming on his temple and his lip has a cut.

A gasp leaves my lips, "Aubrey."