Chapter 14

SantanaBanks: Saw LA and felt inspired

2,000,000 likes ~ limited comments

---

My father may not have grown up the wealthiest man in the country but when he started making his millions, he begun investing in goods that would grow with us. I remember my father making the news almost a decade ago for splashing out $100 million on a two floor private jet which he had customised.

We currently own three private jets, one helicopter, two yachts, four speedboats and twenty eight cars between us. Our father made us all get boating and helicopter licenses when we were of the age so we could operate the different modes of transportation.

I needed some source of inspiration so I took the helicopter out to get away from everything and see if California could inspire me in a new way. The first hour of the flight allowed me to read through the lyrics that my dad had sent my way and I got to listen to a demo or two.

I spent the second hour of the flight writing two new songs which I was pretty impressed with so I drove straight to the studio once we landed. 

Somethin' 'bout you
Makes me feel like a dangerous woman
Somethin' 'bout, somethin' 'bout
Somethin' 'bout you
Makes me wanna do things that I shouldn't
Somethin' 'bout, somethin' 'bout, somethin' 'bout

Somethin' 'bout youMakes me feel like a dangerous womanSomethin' 'bout, somethin' 'boutSomethin' 'bout youMakes me wanna do things that I shouldn'tSomethin' 'bout, somethin' 'bout, somethin' 'bout

My father and Irene nod their heads in approvals as I sing in the booth and it takes everything in me not to break character. Carlos Banks is a very critical individual when it comes down to business so there is never space for mistakes when you work for or with him.

Nothin' to prove and I'm bulletproof and
Know what I'm doing
The way we're movin' like introducing
Us to a new thing
I wanna savor, save it for later
The taste of flavor, 'cause I'm a taker
'Cause I'm a giver, it's only nature
I live for danger

My father's hand goes up and everything comes to a halt so I wrap my arms around myself while looking at him.

"Do you have a full lyric sheet for this song?" He asks me and I nod my head. "Let's record an entire demo then have the band come in with instrumentals unless you have an idea for what you want."