Chapter 5: Silver Henderson

-The Mystic-

01:43 ━━━━●───── 03:50

I can't believe we skipped school for this girl we barely know. Rebecca and Liam just pushed me into James's car. Lucie enters the key and here we go: to the hospital. And how am I going to explain this absence to my parents? Max is already there when we arrive at the hospital,—sitting against his motorbike. 

Lucie convinces the secretary to let us access Marie's room. She calls the room and asks James to come to get us. He leads us to the second floor and we enter room 220. Inside, a doctor and a nurse are waiting for us. I can't see inside the room I can only hear. Liam can't too. Are we not tall enough? Maybe.

"Poor girl," the doctor sighed. "Any news from doctor Vidal?"

"You called the doctor Vidal?" ask James. 

The adult jumps out of fear and turns to see us. They both sigh.

"I did because she shouldn't have passed out like this. All the exam results are correct. So I want to know if something like that has already happened when she was at the hospital in France. "

"I can tell you: nothing happened. She never passed out."

Tired of just hearing their discussion, Liam enters and drags me in, too. Why do I always get dragged? Seriously. We pass the doctor and we are now able to see Marie laying in her hospital bed, unconscious. She's a little pale but I don't see much difference from how she usually looks. Liam reported his attention to the doctor. At some point, he interrupts them: 

"Did Marie lose her memory? She forgot her life before coming here, right?"

The doctor looks at him, completely lost. James sigh. 

"They don't know Marie lost her memory. Yes, Liam, she doesn't remember anything and so Marie isn't her real name."

"Gosh, that's awful, but I don't understand: why is she here? Didn't you say, she is from France? What about her family? "

James and the doctor make eye contact and they both sigh. 

"I'll handle it, thank you, doctor."

They excuse themself and leave. James let everyone enter and close the door. He let himself fall on the armchair next to marie's bed. Liam looks at Demonia and Rebecca is behind him. Max waits at the entry and Lucie walks to her boyfriend. 

"So don't you have something to tell us, James?"

He passes his tongue between his lips and says:

" My family is taking care of Marie since this august. You know every summer vacation, we go to France to visit my father's family. When we were visiting a town near Paris we found her. She was laying on the ground, unconscious. She was brought to the hospital. "

He looks at Marie, worried. 

"Doctor Vidal, her french doctor, told us she lost her memories. Everything is just gone," he says, mimicking an explosion with his hands. "From his analysis, he supposed Marie was the victim of a traumatic encounter. She had no documents, no phone nor anything that could justify her identity. But she had bruises."