Epilogue: Marie Miller

- Good to be

 01:43 ━━━━●───── 03:50

It's crazy: even at this hour the airport is packed. There are way too many people and this time I'm all alone. The club is not with me to supervise everything. What type of fool lets a girl with no memory take the plane alone? Doctor Vidal and Doctor Myers, of course. Where am I supposed to go? Is there anyone to help me like in a store? Please...

I turn around and find a line of people. Why are they in a line? Oh, I remember. We did a line like that last time. But first Antoine looked for our destination. Alright, I can do this! Atlanta-Paris. Paris-Atlanta. One two one two, how many gates are there?! I'm not going to walk for the rest of my life...Oh, finally.

And here goes my suitcase. I thanked the lady and walked in the direction she showed me. Not even five minutes later, my phone rang. Silver.

"Hey Demonia, how are you? It's been so long."

"What are you talking about? Our last call ended five hours ago."

"That much? I don't know how I survived. Did you arrive at the airport yet?"

I look around for my gate.

"Uh, yes, I just checked in."

"Ah...I wish I was with you."

He yawns. What time is it? Oh, it's early or very late? Did he even sleep? With last night's training, he probably immediately fell asleep. I have to know.

"Did you wake up just so you could call me before I boarded in? That's cute 'Angel'."

He takes some time to process my word. I know he's blushing.

"No... I mean, yeah I did...you got me."

I laugh. He tries to change the subject.

"How long is your flight?"

I take a look at my ticket. I arrive at the airport at 11 am.

"Approximately nine hours, I think. It's gonna be so long."

"I'm gonna miss you."

He yawns, again. He should sleep instead of being on a call with me.

"I will call you when I land and every time I can until we see each other again. How does that sound?"

"Pretty good, I say."

We go silent for a moment. I hear him breathe on the other side. It's calming. I can't hear the other people around me, only the wheel of my small suitcase. I feel like there's no one. He moves and I feel like he dugs into his blanket.

"Marie...can I ask you something?"

I look around me. Ah, over there.

"What is it?"

He sighs.

"Do you...regret your decision?"

I stop. Regret my decision. What makes him think that?

"It's just ... never mind. I'm a little tired...sorry-"

"I don't regret it. It's the first decision I have taken for my own future since I woke up. I think of it every night and ... I'm proud of myself. I don't regret it."

He stays silent for a bit. I can hear the people around me walking, talking, or screaming. Is he still here?

-"I can't wait to see you, Demonia."